Texas Hunting Forum

Game camera mounting

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 03:20 AM

How is everyone mounting their cameras? I've got one of mine on a small mesquite about the size of a man's thigh with the top cut out and I'm getting way to many pictures of nothing. I have the camera sensitivity turned to low and it doesn't seem like the Bush moves around much by hand but apparently it does. I'm assuming I need to move it to a t-post to limit the pics of nothing but landscape? Anyone have any other tricks. This is my first year using a trail cam so don't kill me to bad.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 03:23 AM

Any cattle on the place?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 03:24 AM

Cattle and sheep yes. Not many cows but tons of sheep
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 03:37 AM

I've done 2 different setups. First we took landscape timbers from Home Depot and cut them down and cemented into 5 gallong buckets which worked for the most part but the cows would occasionally knock them over.

Now I have gone to T-posts with brackets from Tractor Supply mounted with cut timbers attached to the brackets.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 01:21 PM

I use this from academy. can place my camera any place and I'm not dependent on trees or t-post on fence lines.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/allen-company%E2%84%A2-anywhere-trail-camera-holder#repChildCatid=3622567
Posted By: DH3

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 01:36 PM

I have 5 cameras
1.On corner post of feed pen (steel pipe)
2.On opposite corner of feed pen
3.On Blackbrush trunk with limbs cleared away for good picture of feeder.
4.On coon cage at feeder.
5.On T-Post
Easiest was T-Post..Someone is selling a mount to put on T-Posts. In my view, a waste of money, just strap the camera on with the supplied strap and you are good to go.
Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 02:04 PM

I keep mine mounted on a T post
Posted By: PMK

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 04:59 PM

mine are mostly mounted on trimmed trees. Be sure there isn't tall grass or limbs out in front of the camera as the wind will make those move and give you a lot of landscape pictures ... found that out with a small mountain laurel that I had about 2000 pictures of within a week.
Posted By: sdunshee

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 06:32 PM

T post using the T-mate mount. Love it so far, been bumped quite a bit by the cows and it's still standing.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: sdunshee
T post using the T-mate mount. Love it so far, been bumped quite a bit by the cows and it's still standing.

T-mate from Gunny Art - he's a THF member, and I try to support THF folks whenever possible.

Got 5+ T-Mates at the ranch and they are awesome! Sometimes he has some deals on the classified.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Game camera mounting - 11/29/17 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch
Originally Posted By: sdunshee

T-mate from Gunny Art - he's a THF member, and I try to support THF folks whenever possible.

Got 5+ T-Mates at the ranch and they are awesome! Sometimes he has some deals on the classified.

Another happy T-Mate customer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum