Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone one else?

Posted By: Bcap

Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:11 PM

Hunting this morning? Haven't seen anything other than ducks and crows so far.
Posted By: Codyd713

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:16 PM

I am. Jasper County. Seen 2 young bucks, a doe and a bobcat.
Posted By: clu

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:16 PM

One bobcat so far here. Saw a spike and a nice tall long beamed 8 when i drove in to the place this morning.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:22 PM

Nice to actually have some cool weather as opposed to the crap we hunted last weekend.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:29 PM

Yeah, last weekend was rough. Stood up out of my seat and had a puddle under me.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:29 PM

Yep. Just had a doe bust me dinking around and look out the window and she was staring right at me.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 01:33 PM

Get rid of her erath. She’s on to you. Lol
Posted By: jbseamus83

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 03:09 PM

In the blind but now. Coleman county. Nothing moving at all so far. Not even any shots in the distance.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 03:10 PM

Yep good action earlier, nothing lately?
Posted By: Biscuit_B

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 04:38 PM

Still in the blind, hoping for some late action. In Archer Co. Haven’t seen an animal of any kind yet....

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 06:23 PM

Well uneventful morning in the stand to say the least. Dad and I decided to walk down to our creek in the bottom to grunt and hit some horns together. We stopped a couple places on the way with no luck. When we get down to the bottom we have an open area. We walk about 20 yards and an 8 point (legal) but not one of the ones I want to shoot is standing about 50 yards in front of us. We had a stare down with the rifle on him then he trotted away. Pretty cool experience and got the blood flowing a bit.
Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 06:27 PM

Im going tomorrow mornin'.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 06:43 PM

I was out from 10am till the end of legal shooting time yesterday and didn’t see anything from my blind. I was using my crossbow since we don’t use firearms until muzzleloader season on my buddy’s private property. I had to drive my buddy’s truck up in the area to fill the feeder but I don’t drive all the way up to the feeders. I use my deer cart to haul the bags in the rest of the way. The deer always avoid the area for 3-4 hours and then start coming through again but yesterday was definitely a non productive day. Hopefully this Tuesday when I go back out is a better day.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 06:47 PM

Buddy just reported a buck walked through then shortly after a doe came through and sniffed the bucks trail and left her markings in it. My be getting ready to bust loose.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 06:59 PM

BTW I'm in Anderson county and we're gonna be after it this evening and tomorrow as well.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 08:40 PM

About to head back out. Good luck to everyone else!
Posted By: Spent Brass

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 09:01 PM

Just got in the stand in Upshur. Lots of tracks since the rain, gonna be here till dark. Good luck y'all!
Posted By: Hunter-Boss

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/10/17 10:08 PM

Got in About 3:00. Looks like a great evening here. Eastland county south of Carbon.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 12:45 AM

Got shut out again
Posted By: GLC

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 12:51 AM

Skunked again , first time out this season.
Posted By: Randy H

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 01:10 AM

I had the most productive morning in a LONG time. I set up a pop up one of my properties in Wood County last weekend after being fed up with my bow stand. Had 4 total deer on camera since August. Went to my new setup this morning. I saw 2 doe, a 1.5 yr old 8, a 2.5 yr old 6, and a 115 - 120 8 point. He would not stop to give me a shot. One of those 2 doe is coming in. All three bucks we're on her trail.

Fun morning after not seeing a deer all bow season. I saw 2 of the three bucks more than once trailing the doe.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 01:19 AM

Grabbed my gear at 4 pm and headed toward the stand. Stopped walking long enough to fill the magazine, but didn’t chamber a round. Strolled slowly to my tall blind, and when I got there the spike i’ve been looking for ran out from behind some undergrowth. Put the scope on him, worked the bolt and shot him dead. Shortest hunting session ever. Turned around and walked back to the house and got the Kubota. Had the meat deboned and in the cooler by 5:15. Now drinking....

Now I need a couple of sows. They are here somewhere, having dug up the woods just about everywhere.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 01:29 AM

Nice quick hunt right there!
Posted By: jbseamus83

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 04:15 AM

No deer tonight, but got this girl...

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 12:16 PM

Back at it again. Hopefully going to be better movement than the last couple hints. Good luck today!
Posted By: stephenville74

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 12:20 PM

Good luck! Yeah it’s been pretty slow this week for me. Saw a ton of deer in the bar ditches driving in. Winds picking up pretty steady with some drizzle...
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 12:33 PM

I'm in Albany. Saw lots of bucks yesterday rubbing on mesquite trees.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/11/17 01:15 PM

Forgot it was opening day for Ducks. Sounds like a war zone on our creek.

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/12/17 01:56 AM

Well got shut out again. This is the buck we rattled up yesterday. How old do y'all think? I'm guessing 3.5-4
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/12/17 12:04 PM

Got the AM hunt goin on Sonday....From that picher he looks middle age, prolly 3.5
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Anyone one else? - 11/12/17 01:09 PM

Had a light mist on the roof sleepin purdy good then it sound like the rain was pickin up. Dang it feeder went off. Hard to ketch a nap. One spike and two small rights.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum