Texas Hunting Forum

Anderson county rut

Posted By: Bcap

Anderson county rut - 11/08/17 01:47 AM

Slow last weekend and seen very few deer on the side of the road. I typically look for road kill to get a good idea of deer movement. Wondering what everyone else is seeing?
Posted By: Brian C.

Re: Anderson county rut - 11/08/17 01:20 PM

Talked to biologist/WMA staff at Alazan in Nacogdoces county. They said they were swollen up and stinking real good during the youth hunt but slowed down since.
Posted By: stitch38

Re: Anderson county rut - 11/08/17 03:44 PM

I hunt in Tennessee Colony and I saw 5 bucks Saturday morning and all were out looking. I watched one work a scrape for about 10 min. I was actually surprised at the movement I saw considering the weather conditions. The landowner killed a good 8pt Sunday morning that was with a doe and saw several others. Got a call this morning that another buck was taken and he was also chasing. I guess it just depends on where you're at.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Anderson county rut - 11/08/17 04:34 PM

Last week of October thru the first week of November is the best time in this part of the country.
Posted By: stitch38

Re: Anderson county rut - 11/08/17 08:55 PM

Last year was a weird year on our place. I saw bucks still after doe in early January. The best hunting I ever had was on the week of Thanksgiving about 4 years ago. It was unbelievable. Just never know, that's what makes it so exciting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum