Texas Hunting Forum

What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day.

Posted By: bowbuilder1971

What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 03:43 PM

My back started acting up along with my sciatic nerve so I had to cancel getting out in the blind with my crossbow yesterday. I have been out multiple times during archery season but it still would have been nice to get out on opening day today. So I am going to spend the day finishing up paper tuning my Mathews LX, do some Gunsmithing in my shop area and finish up making a crossbow holder for my backpack. If I can’t get outdoors today then at least I will be able to work on stuff to do with hunting lol. So what are all of you up to today if you can’t make it out today.
Posted By: KevinT.

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 03:47 PM

Making venison summer sausage today, didn’t feel like hunting in shorts this morning 😂
Posted By: crozierk

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 04:04 PM

Sitting at work waiting for quitting time so I can head to the property. 9 hours and 57 minutes.... not like I'm counting or anything.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 04:14 PM

Working.....
Posted By: jbseamus83

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 04:31 PM

Watching football. TTU vs. KSU right now. My son got a bad stomach virus and my wife is in grad school, so I couldn't leave him with her. So, rescheduled for next weekend. Honestly it looks more promising anyways with better weather and no full moon. We will see. Hope the back gets better!
Posted By: Savage388

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 04:35 PM

Working. Watching cars go by.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 04:37 PM

Work
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 05:32 PM

Setting on my couch on THF. I hunt 8 hours from house so unless I get 3 day weekends I don’t go. I’ve been 3 times during bow season and wasn’t going to waste a vacation day on a 80 degree weekend
Posted By: t george

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 09:32 PM

Freaking working at parkland emergency department..... oh well, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.....
Posted By: txshntr

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 09:54 PM

Worked half the day and preparing dinner for tonight. Bacon wrapped backstrap with jalapeno and cream cheese, marinating in italian dressing. Red potatoes wrapped in foil with onions and dill seasoning. Mix of vegetables wrapped in foil with butter, dill, Lowreys, and garlic salt. If I can't hunt, I can eat good grin
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/04/17 11:48 PM

Work today work tomorrow. I might get to sneak out for an afternoon hunt Monday.
Posted By: old fat guy

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 12:30 AM

My 5th 65 plus hour work week in a row. Finally got to start building a new blind thanks Harvey
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: t george
Freaking working at parkland emergency department..... oh well, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.....

That sucks. I worked many a holiday and missed a lot of deer hunts during residency at old parkland. Thanks for your service.
Posted By: n_rut

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 01:50 AM

Catching BARN DOOR CRAPPIE, great day to be on the lake. Waiting for more favorable conditions, hopefully next weekend.
Posted By: Sevens

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 02:05 AM

Work as well ...

The busiest weekend of the year at my company coincides with the deer season rifle opener every year.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 03:20 AM

Fastpitch softball tournament with the kiddo.
Posted By: t george

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSnake
Originally Posted By: t george

That sucks. I worked many a holiday and missed a lot of deer hunts during residency at old parkland. Thanks for your service.

Just a few more months of medic school and I'll be back to living the life of a firefighter... lots of hunting and fishing on my days off!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 04:07 AM

Sooner Football. Hunting in shorts mañana
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 01:18 PM

Went fishing in the morning , went to CCR for more arrows and broad heads. Finished up some jerky from the doe I got last weekend
Posted By: copperhead

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 07:34 PM

Working
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 07:36 PM

Driving.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 10:19 PM

Spent the day repairing fence. Working on shredder.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 10:30 PM

Missed the opener due to my Fatther in Law's 80th birthday.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: What are you doing today if you can’t make it out opening day. - 11/05/17 10:32 PM

Watched Baylor finally win a game, then Bedlam. Today, cleaned house and made some venison-bacon burger from a deer my grandson shot on MLD tags.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum