Texas Hunting Forum

Twas the night before....

Posted By: budward

Twas the night before.... - 11/03/17 01:11 PM

Opening day smile

Too bad it's going to be so dang hot. Half tempted to wait to go until Tuesday. I still have a good 75 pounds of meat from last year so I'm not quite as motivated as I normally am. And, All my taxidermy is in storage so I don't have anywhere to hang new horns. But, just gives me an excuse to let a lot of deer pass.

Are yall as excited as I am??? It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Twas the night before.... - 11/03/17 01:19 PM

It may be hot but when it’s like that in our case you just have to go deeper into the woods. 60 degrees here and my dad just saw a big 8 in the furthest and thickest stand we got but he could not get a shot. I am pumped. Bringing my 8 year old cousin with me. He can’t shoot yet but never been with me while I got a deer so tomorrow morning I feel like it’s going to be different.
Posted By: Nwernig

Re: Twas the night before.... - 11/03/17 02:19 PM

I can't wait..... This is the first year that my wife and kids want to come to the lease with me on opening weekend- so that makes it even better. My lease is very family friendly
Posted By: D-Day

Re: Twas the night before.... - 11/03/17 04:28 PM

Hunting tomorrow, but not Sunday. Using Thermacell.

Your best chances are on opening day regardless of the weather with hunters stirring things up. Not sure what tomorrow holds though with the heat in NE Texas. Sunday is too windy over most of the day, including the early morning. There will be more weekends to hunt for me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum