Texas Hunting Forum

Warm Opening Day

Posted By: DeerTamales

Warm Opening Day - 10/30/17 08:16 PM

Looks like it will be a warm and windy one for opening day of rifle season. Add a full moon to that, it will be tough hunting. Hopefully a pig or coyote step out so I can knock something down with my boy in the stand. What are your plans?
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Warm Opening Day - 10/30/17 09:02 PM

Probably pig but doesn't matter; enjoy the time.
Posted By: boonee

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 01:41 AM

Yep, a lot of strikes against, but I'm going to stay out! Looks like we will need more water and less coffee. Big pigs will be 2nd choice! Ya'll be safe, looking forward to the stories that will be posted.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 01:51 AM

Had plenty of movement during bow season with these foretasted temps and the deer moved well. See no reason to expect less with the rut right around the corner.

I'd love coverall weather but the deer don't stop being deer when it warms ups. Might move a little less in warmer weather but it's not like they check into the 4 Seasons hotel to catch some AC. smile
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 02:47 AM

Warm is good. Our deer will be out, anyway. I may as well be comfortable. I don’t see what the full moon will hurt, either.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Warm is good. Our deer will be out, anyway. I may as well be comfortable. I don’t see what the full moon will hurt, either.

The last full moon was great for hunting. Actually the most activity I have seen this season. It was hot then too...
Posted By: TAT

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 02:59 AM

I've killed good deer in cold and hot, windy and not windy, cloudy and clear skies. Point is sometimes it might not be comfortable out there but it just might work out for ya. Hell Saturday I didn't see a deer till 9:47a. But man did they turn it on!
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 11:55 AM

Gonna enjoy being in camp. The hunting will be an extra bonus. Seeing a deer will be an extra bonus on top of that
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Warm Opening Day - 11/02/17 04:16 PM

I remember as a kid, many opening weekends where we had to load up the deer and head into town to the local deer locker, watch what others would bring in.
A cold opening weekend is usually just a bonus that doesn't come around often.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum