Texas Hunting Forum

Harvey took my Hunting gear.

Posted By: Codyd713

Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/24/17 03:39 PM

This is not a sob story or me looking to get anything for free. Feel like I need to note that as my disclaimer before I start. I would've posted in the classifieds but don't have enough post yet.
As some of you know that has read or kept up with my post 'political humor' in the photo section, I've lost everything I own due to the flooding over here in the Beaumont area (Lumberton to be exact). With me saying "everything I own", I'm talking about house, vehicles, clothes, bullets, binoculars, rangefinders, gun cases etc etc. I was able to get my guns out before they got too wet. I did not have flood insurance so I'm trying to go the federal route for a little assistance. I feel horrible going out and purchasing brand new hunting clothes and equipment at this time because at this point my house is the number one priority to have money spent on. So with all that being said, I'm looking to buy used hunting gear, clothes, boots etc. As hunters, we know what we think we should have to be successful in the field. As far as clothes go, I wear large shirts, 34" waist and size 11 boots. My rifle calibers that I hunt with are 300wsm, .223, 7mm-08. So let me know what you have and a price please. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: JDMore

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/24/17 03:42 PM

If i could help with clothing I would, I've got a lot of 3x and larger stuff I am getting rid of since I've lost a bunch of weight.

Best of luck, the community here Im sure will be able to assist and I'll keep your family in our prayers!

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/24/17 03:47 PM

Thank you Jimmie.
Posted By: carmackj1

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/24/17 05:02 PM

I have a cheap pair of boots ($30-40 new) I wore for one season that are just sitting in my closet. They are size 11 or 11.5 not sure. They aren't great but will get you by until you are back on your feet. If you want them I will mail them to you free of charge.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/24/17 11:31 PM

Post up your address and I'll see what I can send you.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/25/17 01:05 PM

I sure feel for you, my parents live in Lumberton but they were lucky. Let me look thru my gear I am sure I have some stuff I can get rid of.

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/25/17 10:04 PM

Thank you Kevin. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Cannon

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 02:09 AM

We're about the same size, send me an address I can ship to and I'll send what I can. God bless

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 02:36 AM

Address is the Lumberton Police Department at 120-a E. Chance Cutoff, LUMBERTON, TX 77657. I appreciate all y'all are doing. Words can't express. Thank you
Posted By: Cannon

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 02:53 AM

Pm me your name
Posted By: erathar

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 03:14 AM

PM your name and ammo caliber, brand of ammo you prefer.
Posted By: HS2

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 03:16 AM

I sure do feel for you, man. Where do you hunt?

The good news is that you don't need a lot of fancy stuff to hunt, but you sure do need a set of boots and some ammo. Those aren't my calibers or I would sure donate a box.

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 12:31 PM

Thank you all. This kinda support from complete strangers is truly overwhelming. I appreciate it more than you know.

HS2, I hunt in Roganville (Setx) and in Ozona.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 04:23 PM

Cody,
I have some older Filson boots, size 11 that I sent back to get new tread put on. You're welcome to them. If you need it, I can toss in a box of Prvi 140 gr 7mm-08 ammo as well. Let me know. At the least you'll have a decent pair of boots.
Posted By: Deer Cruzin

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/26/17 07:41 PM

We're the same size, I can ship you some stuff. I know how you feel, I flooded from rain events twice last year after moving away from flooding 10 years earlier in Katria! (my advice) just need to go with the flow, just concentrate on rebuilding and never look back, I'm living proof everything happens for a reason.
Please pm your name and i'll put together a nice little gift package to the address you posted above.

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/28/17 11:14 PM

Just want to say thank you to all who have been so generous. I'm amazed and overwhelmed by y'alls kindness. I truly appreciate it.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Harvey took my Hunting gear. - 09/29/17 11:16 AM

I have some older binos, a plethora of hunting knives and I will go through some older clothes that I have gotten waaaay to fat to wear. However, due to a funeral, I am missing opening day of bow season for the first time in 25+ years. PM your phone # and when I get Lumberton next week I will hit you up!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum