Texas Hunting Forum

Need Quick Help

Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Need Quick Help - 09/10/17 12:29 PM

Up at Ranch and was filling feeders last night and see that l got moisture in one of the feeder barrels. Not alot but sides were wet and a few clumps of moldy corn on top.Left lid off and can let air dry till noon and then got to get back on road. Its half full now. Do yall think l can top off or is there no way it will dry out enough in time and any new corn will just get ruined as well?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Need Quick Help - 09/10/17 01:34 PM

Dump it out, dry fully and refill
Posted By: papa45

Re: Need Quick Help - 09/10/17 01:52 PM

That moldy corn will clog the funnel and spinner plate. You need to get it out. It may be even worse near the bottom.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Need Quick Help - 09/10/17 02:53 PM

If the mold is on the sides the corn above the downspout will still flow. Are you able to return in a week or two? If so consider using it and dump and clean next trip.
Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Re: Need Quick Help - 09/10/17 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
If the mold is on the sides the corn above the downspout will still flow. Are you able to return in a week or two? If so consider using it and dump and clean next trip.

No will not be able to come back up till 10/20. Would do the full dump and dry as others suggested if l had the time. Don't want to run dry so rolling the dice
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Need Quick Help - 09/12/17 01:48 AM

I hope things work out for you but based on my experience I'm thinking it will be plugged.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum