Texas Hunting Forum

Building Feeder Pens

Posted By: sprigsss

Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 01:00 AM

Make sure you use proper technique and tools so you dont injure yourself when building those feeder pens.

https://youtu.be/3cfK3s6AKB4

Day 2

https://youtu.be/UFRrT5lx2ys
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 01:45 AM

Well played. up
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 03:17 AM

Lol. Did either of those posts even move an inch?

That is one job I just don't enjoy. But it is good once you get a good pen finished

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

That is one job I just don't enjoy. But it is good once you get a good pen finished

Have to admit the second post was on rock and didnt budge. I didnt tell her until after the video.

First video she got it in about it about a foot and I finished the last 6".

I never asked her to help either. Id drive in 4 or 5 and go back to put on the wire clips and she would start on the next one. She wasnt fast, but wasnt afraid to work and was a good sport with the video.

Think Im going to hang on to her
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 03:51 AM

clap
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Well played. up
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 03:54 AM

A keeper there
Posted By: Stub

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 11:34 AM

That is great laugh up up
Posted By: PMK

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

Have to admit the second post was on rock and didnt budge. I didnt tell her until after the video.

First video she got it in about it about a foot and I finished the last 6".

I never asked her to help either. Id drive in 4 or 5 and go back to put on the wire clips and she would start on the next one. She wasnt fast, but wasnt afraid to work and was a good sport with the video.

Think Im going to hang on to her

can I borrow her for a couple of weekends?
Posted By: Deer Hound

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 06:42 PM

I would have at least given her some gloves. Just messing hey at least she's out there with you trying.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 07:28 PM

My wife cant boil an egg, but she like to help fill feeders and set up blinds etc. nice to have a helper... cant wait till my boy is big enough to help. She is a good sport for letting you make the video, no doubt a keeper
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 07:43 PM

LOL That is funny. I like when you wipe your forehead in the second one that's great.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: deerhunter1956
LOL That is funny. I like when you wipe your forehead in the second one that's great.
banana
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 09:33 PM

flehan

....you must teach me
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 09:39 PM

That's a good woman.

Wouldn't catch mi esposa out there doing that. She can cook, though.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 09:51 PM

She's a keeper. We should team up on a lease. Mine is just like her. They'd do all the work.

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/06/17 10:15 PM

She had gloves the first day. Wasnt expecting to drive any the second day but came across a random T-Post and needed to get my camera further from pen.

I wish i had some secret training program that I could get rich off of, but I honestly just got lucky. Turns out, shes just like her mom and a hard worker.

Looks like her weekends are booked up through hunting season. I just hope she takes it well when I let her know.

I'm willing to share labor for west texas ducks.
Posted By: HChilly3006

Re: Building Feeder Pens - 09/14/17 02:53 PM

Those videos are great, especially since the posts weren't going anywhere! Def a keeper!

For years and years we've been doing the same thing - manually driving the posts in until this year we got a gas powered T Post driver. It drove it in straighter and stronger than a manual driver, and only took less 20 seconds per post. We are in a sandy area so it went in like butter but we had the entire pin completed in an hour or so without feeling sore or exhausted. We tried it in a rocky area and it still worked great, took a little longer.

Hog Panels to keep the destructive annoying pigs out. 1 T-Post ever 8 feet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum