Texas Hunting Forum

Woodson Lease

Posted By: JDMore

Woodson Lease - 09/05/17 09:14 PM

Anyone out around Woodson? If so, hows it looking for you guys?

Got some mowing and clearing that needs to be done if anyone in that area has access to a tractor/brush hog etc.
Posted By: Aggiedukmaster

Re: Woodson Lease - 09/06/17 07:44 PM

Yes, Have Hunted that area for over 20 yrs. I pulled the camera card the other day and deer/hogs are hitting the feeders. Everything looks GREEN out there for this time of year. ACORNS should be dropping soon and will slow the action around the feeders way down. Had some decent bucks on camera, but they ALL looked young. LOTS of Turkey sign and even heard some hens clucking and Gobblers sounding off as the Thunder Storm was passing by on Sat. afternoon.

Re: Woodson Lease - 09/06/17 11:57 PM

We've got lots of young bucks coming to multiple feeders on our place, not many Doe. Turkey and hogs are readily available as well.
Posted By: CGB

Re: Woodson Lease - 09/07/17 06:09 PM

I'm 6 miles northwest of Woodson. Got a few good young deer at my place too. Ponds are full and looking good. Dove hunting was very good last weekend!
Some brush hog work is needed at my place too.

Re: Woodson Lease - 09/17/17 03:47 PM

Weve got good action on cameras and feeders, some young bucks several good 8+ shooters. Still have some cleanup to do, but we are ready for the most part. Have had to repair some fencing around feeders as the cows keep getting in, other than that and some brushhog work, we are ready... I think.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum