Texas Hunting Forum

Big&j long range attractant

Posted By: Chef Shawn

Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 05:52 PM

Has anyone used this with good results?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 06:35 PM

Let me put it this way I seen a lot of bucks at feeders this week but not a single one of them was more than 4 years old. They were all young or does. Every mature deer seen was away from the feeder or rattled in. I wouldnt rely on a gimmick to try and draw deer in corn works great as is.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 08:17 PM

Paint the ground yellow with corn, its about the best and cheapest attractant you are going to find for deer.

Unless you can get a buddy to don a doe suit and sit around on his hands and knees covered in doe in heat scent, that may get some results! scared
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 08:19 PM

I tried some this past weekend because Dick's had it on sale. Put a 6 lb bag out about 10 yds from 2 of my corn feeders and in 2-1/2 days not one deer tried the Big&J while they cleaned every kernel of corn under the feeders. Might work in some areas if you don't have a feeder but they'll walk over it to get to corn.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: ThreePeppers
I tried some this past weekend because Dick's had it on sale. Put a 6 lb bag out about 10 yds from 2 of my corn feeders and in 2-1/2 days not one deer tried the Big&J while they cleaned every kernel of corn under the feeders. Might work in some areas if you don't have a feeder but they'll walk over it to get to corn.

My experience also when they had a choice of corn or Big&J
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 08:32 PM

Reminds me of a mineral block I bought a few years ago from academy or somewhere. Put it out in the feed pen and was pizzed off that nothing ate it. It finally disappeared and I figures well I guess they finally ate it and said I wont buy one of those ever again. A while later I was out filling feeders and found it again, it was just covered in a pile of leaves. It stuck around for a very long time.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 08:51 PM

the cows on my lease love it smile
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/02/16 10:33 PM

Tried the Big&J here in VA before the season opened for my trail cams (we cannot bait) and the deer hardly touched it. I tried the bag and a block. Put the block out in August and parts of the block are still out there after almost 4 months. In my opinion it is worthless.

What always works is corn and I am impressed with Trophy Mineral Rocks.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Big&j long range attractant - 12/03/16 01:15 AM

I'm sure glad I saw this thread... Michael Waddleman had me sold.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum