Texas Hunting Forum

Victoria county

Posted By: txprowler

Victoria county - 12/07/15 04:27 PM

I have the oppertunity to hunt near Raisen, any new's on the area? Rut? Thanks

Re: Victoria county - 12/10/15 03:04 AM

I guess not a very popular county to hunt in.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Victoria county - 12/10/15 03:12 AM

Just not a lot of non-DFW/north Texas members on here.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Victoria county - 12/10/15 03:16 AM

not sure but 1 county south in Refugio, the rut is in late October into the first week of November. That was my experience and the hunting there was really good. Would love to get back down that way some time.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Victoria county - 12/10/15 05:36 PM

Good luck. I grew up in Victoria. There are good deer down there now. Not like it was when I lived there. It was pretty much brown and down back then and I was as guilty as anyone. Based on my years of hunting Victoria, Goliad, and DeWitt counties I'd say the rut is passed but that doesn't mean there can't be post rut or secondary rut activity.

Re: Victoria county - 12/11/15 07:22 PM

I hunted this same place as a kid and we pretty much shot any buck we saw, that was 35 years ago, wow I'm getting old. My uncle and cousin have shot some decent bucks there in the past.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Victoria county - 12/11/15 07:31 PM

Yeah, I live on a place in SW DeWitt County. I would say that Victoria County is heavily hunted.
Posted By: fishbait

Re: Victoria county - 12/13/15 11:00 PM

That area has many deer...I hunted there many years ago north of Rasin a couple of miles. I killed a buck that dressed out at 125 lb..however the rack was small basket type. Now ...I dont know, I have friends hunting that area that have taken some nice deer.
good luck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum