Texas Hunting Forum

Tons of activity just after shooting light

Posted By: TFF Caribou

Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:27 AM

Im looking through my game cam pictures from the last week or so, and nearly every evening i have a bunch of deer coming in from 6-7 oclock. just after its too dark to see anymore. Anybody else seeing a similar pattern? I also have a couple groups of nocturnal does that come in between 12 and 3 am. figure theres not much i can do right now to get them to come in, but wonering if there is something i can do to coax the 6 oclock group out closer to 5.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:35 AM

A hard freeze and Cold-Front.
Same at my place.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:35 AM

Maybe hang some sliced apples, and bales of Alfafa.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:38 AM

What about morning hunts are they hanging after daylight?
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Jkd106
What about morning hunts are they hanging after daylight?

game cams show some morning activity from 6am-9am. but not nearly as regularly as the evening crew that rolls in.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 02:54 AM

I have the same, all mine come out right after dark. I have one nice buck that shows up 20 minutes after shooting hours every night. I am going to try and sneak up from the way he is coming from and see if I can catch him in his staging area
Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
I have the same, all mine come out right after dark. I have one nice buck that shows up 20 minutes after shooting hours every night. I am going to try and sneak up from the way he is coming from and see if I can catch him in his staging area

×2 That's how you out smart them ol smart bucks.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Tons of activity just after shooting light - 11/18/15 03:13 AM

Would have never thought about it before, I would have just waited until he came out earlier. I'm learning a lot from here
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum