Texas Hunting Forum

hunting moon phases and solunar tables

Posted By: rattler03

hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 12:16 AM

I try to pay attention to these factors when hunting. I'll try to stay longer or get there earlier if the solunar table suggests its a good idea. I might even sit midday for a major solunar period. I think the full moon during November and the approaching week as the waxing moon increases can usually be a pretty good time to be in the woods and may increase the rut activity. Other times a full moon can lead to a lack of daytime movement IME. But, honestly, I've never noticed a huge difference in hunting the moon or major/minor solunar times. What are yall's thoughts on hunting the moon phase and/or solunar tables?
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 12:35 AM

"signs"always played a huge part on our place growing up. We never casterted cattle or hogs unless the sign was in the Foot, we never planted crops till the sign was right and even scheduled medical procedures around it. The Moon plays a tremendous part in movement and activity IMO.
Posted By: wtr

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 12:46 AM

Well, I just bought redsnakes app so I hope it's a big factor!!!!! roflmao
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: wtr
Well, I just bought redsnakes app so I hope it's a big factor!!!!! roflmao

up
Posted By: mikeydon

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 01:01 AM

Yea i've tried the moon and solar table's and have in the past,I've even tried watching cattle,when are the cow's feeding and when are they laying down with no luck,I just think you have to put your time in the stand,I know some place's are better than other's and who put's in the work [ feeder's early,protein, food plot's] before season open's. confused2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 01:05 AM

A lot depends on the range conditions, the weather and the amount of cover you have on your place you are hunting. If deer are bedding on your hunting place and have feed readily available with good temps, I do believe in hunting by the moon phases.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: hunting moon phases and solunar tables - 11/18/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by SniperRAB
"signs"always played a huge part on our place growing up. We never casterted cattle or hogs unless the sign was in the Foot, we never planted crops till the sign was right and even scheduled medical procedures around it. The Moon plays a tremendous part in movement and activity IMO.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum