Llano area updates

Posted By: Brother in-law

Llano area updates - 11/17/15 05:07 PM

Rut?

Pre, middle, late?

Are the Bucks busted up yet?
Posted By: DeadRooster

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 06:57 PM

We're about 60 miles north and slightly west of Llano, and I haven't seen any real rut activity the last two weekends out at our place. Opening weekend I had two mature bucks feeding together in one of my pens, while two younger bucks paced outside of the pen.

Didn't see much of anything last weekend, though my lovely wife did take a nice typical 8 pointer that's she's darned proud of.
Posted By: majekman

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 07:34 PM

Cuz near Cherry Springs In Llano county. He's there now. Texted me a bit ago and said rut was on big time. He saw 2 different hot doe this morning come through. One had 3 bucks on her and the other had 2 bucks on her. One of which he said was a really BIG 11 that he couldn't get shot at. He's pumped up to say the least.
Posted By: birdman99

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 07:35 PM

Nice.......no rut activity as of 4 days ago.......hopefully its changed.
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 07:41 PM

I was out there last weekend, and it still seems like pre-rut from what I saw. I didn't see any chasing, and still groups of bucks around the feeders on some of the cam pics. I hope it heats up next week!
Posted By: ddr225

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 08:03 PM

I was in Fredonia last weekend and the bucks were running does, or atleast a few were.
Posted By: Jbell99

Re: Llano area updates - 11/17/15 09:28 PM

I was in London about a hour from lano and the Bucks where chasing does like crazy got my first buck this weekend a nice 8 point he was coming down the lane not long after a doe passed
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum