Texas Hunting Forum

Ozona Rutting

Posted By: buck_hunter

Ozona Rutting - 11/14/15 09:38 PM

Just wondering if the rut is kicking in Ozona? I hunt about 30miles west of Ozona near Sheffield. Plan on heading back out next weekend.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/14/15 09:42 PM

Usually gets going good first week of December.
Posted By: WesTexHunter75

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/14/15 10:44 PM

Small bucks are chasing a little. But as Buckrage stated end of November through 1st week in December it'll kick off.
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/15/15 01:19 AM

Buckhunter- what ranch do y'all hunt on? We use to hunt in that area years ago.
Posted By: TheDman62

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/15/15 01:57 AM

I just got back to town last night from ozona. On Monday I got 2 smaller Mule Deer bucks getting after it. The next morning same thing. Once I get the videos downloaded and converted to the right format Ill post. It was the most violent thing Ive seen in person. They weren't just feeling each other out they were full blown trying to kill each other.

Also, I noticed the bigger Whitetail bucks were starting to show up about 2 weeks earlier than they did last year. So, they aren't rutting yet but they are starting to get warmed up. Last year they really kicked off around Dec 2nd.
Posted By: buck_hunter

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/15/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisMorris
Buckhunter- what ranch do y'all hunt on? We use to hunt in that area years ago.

We hunt on a 6,000 acre ranch of Hoover Divide Rd.. Good deer out there along with some Mulies..
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Ozona Rutting - 11/15/15 06:53 PM

Oh ok. We hunted right off I10 @ live oak road. I miss hunting the hill country!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum