Texas Hunting Forum

need opinion on deer hunting

Posted By: fireant

need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 04:59 PM

a coyote has been showing up on my camera and the deer have stopped showing up. would the coyote stop the deer from coming in and if so what do i do. the coyote is showing up about every night
Posted By: BigPig

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 04:59 PM

rifle
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 05:10 PM

Regardless whether the deer are still coming, rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 05:14 PM

worthless
rifle
Posted By: swmays

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 05:38 PM

There's a fairly straightforward fix for that...
Posted By: TallTines&Pines

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 06:48 PM

I had the same problem this year. I had two pictures of Coyotes coming in very often at night and during the day. They were eating my corn! I had VERY few pictures of deer. I sat all day opening gun and one finally showed up so I busted her. I hated to disturb the peace but it had to be done. Also, as these other fine gentlemen have started, if you see one do everyone a favor and put them in the dirt.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 06:53 PM

Shoot it or trap it. up
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Shoot it or trap it. up

Or trap it and then shoot it. rifle

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 11:13 PM

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 11:27 PM

never shows up in day had 11 pic of coyote last night and no deer
Posted By: Western

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 11:47 PM

Should be easy to trap if you know what you're doing. On the other hand, coyotes are opportunist, I don't believe that just because of their presence, you have no deer at the feeder. I have a pair of yotes that pass by my feeder regularly, have deer on TC within 1-2 minutes sometimes.

You may be like many fellas here that have little activity around corn, deer have a ton of groceries out there this year, acorns are plenty still and many forbs have great growth due to rainfall. Personally, I'd rather have a couple yotes on my place, then be overrun with hogs as some guys are.

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/13/15 11:57 PM

i agree about the hog, but i was getting over 100 pics per day of deer before the coyotes showed, always a bunch of doe at night last night none
Posted By: Western

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/14/15 12:03 AM

It would be easy to blame the yotes, but I bet it is just because the deer arent on the corn right now. Deer know the lack of nutritional value in corn, verses better value in good browse. I was getting several 1000 pics on my TC per week since I have a few gluten does, but now I am getting 20-20 pics a day.

In fact, I sat this morning 39* and calm, super hunting weather, watched does feed on the tree line and in the food plot and only have one doe with fawns visit the protein/corn mix, they where there for just a short time.

Yotes are on every property that holds deer damn near, they have co-habitated for eons. Be glad you don't have feral, or neighbor dogs to deal with, they are far worse. They will chase deer "just because", where a coyote has to factor energy spent vs reward.

Re: need opinion on deer hunting - 11/14/15 06:11 AM

thank you all for your comments hope its just deer on acorns
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum