Texas Hunting Forum

Granger wma postcard hunt

Posted By: Turkeywhite66

Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/11/15 05:46 AM

Did not get drawn. Went to stand by and still no luck. Interested to know how this hunt turns out. 3 months long wow thats awesome. So how is it out there? Are yall seeing a lot of deer? is it tough hunting while other hunters ( hog also ) may stumble right near where you set up? Good luck keep us informed. It is a lot of fun reading about the various experiences people encounter on a public hunts. Thanks
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/11/15 06:12 AM

I've drawn there 3 different times. I really like hunting that area. I've always hunted below the dam.

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/15/15 12:35 PM

Did you see any good bucks. 130 or above class

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/15/15 03:16 PM

I understand. A lot of people myself included think posting will make their chances go way down. More people show up to good public hunts . I figure with the internet and new draw system of second pending draws and being able to put in for all categories multiple times killed my chances anyway. Fun to hear reports thats why i was wandering
Posted By: crappiejig

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/15/15 07:46 PM

Yup to much publicity has dropped my chances in getting drawn last I heard 18 doe have been harvested and 6 individuals have there buck tags.

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/17/15 01:54 AM

Sounds way better than last year. 2 bucks all year
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Granger wma postcard hunt - 11/22/15 07:12 PM

I saw several bucks, all over 130. The first year I hunted there I watched a huge buck for several minutes. As it was a 4 pt or less, I couldn't shoot it. A couple weeks later, the buck was found on the lake dam shot by poachers, it scored 172. At the time, there was a $5,000.00 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the poacher.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum