Texas Hunting Forum

Fawn Still Spotted

Posted By: TexFlip

Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 02:15 PM

I've got a mama doe with her fawn and he is still in his spots. She must have been bred late.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 02:34 PM

Saw that every year in Kendal Co as well as duval
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 02:39 PM

Yep, or dropped late. There are no absolutes in nature.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 02:44 PM

Saw some fawns this weekend that were so big you'd nearly mistake them for yearling does. Also saw some that were jack-rabbit sized.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 03:33 PM

If it was a buck fawn he is guaranteed to be a monster buck in 5 yrs since he was born late bolt
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
If it was a buck fawn he is guaranteed to be a monster buck in 5 yrs since he was born late bolt

roflmao
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/09/15 04:56 PM

I have a handful of deer I been noticing that keep a small very faded row of spots and a black stripe down their back.. not related lol but yeah I got a few fawns just now loosing them
Posted By: cm250

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/10/15 12:37 AM

Have pics of several spotted fawns at our deer woods, just glad they made it and will grow for future crop.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/10/15 03:07 AM

Ha! You know I never said that. But, I do have a real pretty 10 that was an October baby two falls ago, who's first antlers were 6" spikes. I will show you pics of him each year.

If he doesn't score over 160" at 4 years old I'll let you shoot him free. If he does you owe me a steak dinner.

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/10/15 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: cm250
Have pics of several spotted fawns at our deer woods, just glad they made it and will grow for future crop.

Just don't shoot them as spikes. Chances are real good the late buck fawns will be spikes.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/10/15 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: therancher

Ha! You know I never said that. But, I do have a real pretty 10 that was an October baby two falls ago, who's first antlers were 6" spikes. I will show you pics of him each year.

If he doesn't score over 160" at 4 years old I'll let you shoot him free. If he does you owe me a steak dinner.

I will take that bet and even throw in a round of golf rofl

Re: Fawn Still Spotted - 11/10/15 03:34 AM

loser8
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum