Texas Hunting Forum

Writing a book

Posted By: wacorusty

Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:04 PM

I'm thinking about writing a book, "No that's not a deer, it's just another bushy tree." It's a bout a guy that can't see very good so it thinks he sees whitetails and other deer in the shadows under large trees. And he always has to use the bathroom as soon as he gets to his honey hole.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:14 PM

I can give you first hand, live accounts of this occurring. I've seen 3 Boone and Crockett shadows in last 45 min.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:17 PM

What about things you hear? Right now there is either a 200 inch buck or an armadillo in the trees 50 yards from me. Can't see yet.

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:23 PM

I just heard a buck snort and run away, never saw him. Then again, might have been a dove.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:33 PM

There's also a huge rub line that is being used by several deer at the same time just behind me....that, or a squirrel foraging for food. confused2 I'm hunting a new place so everything is new to me. Shadows, sounds, everything is a state record deer.
Posted By: TravisP

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 01:57 PM

Besides the urge to shat myself.. I think my life relates to this book in progress.

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 02:05 PM

I've seen more dove this morning than the whole month of September.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: wacorusty
I've seen more dove this morning than the whole month of September.

I was making my way to my stand this morning before I could see and a dove blew out from right in front of me....sounding like Bodacious coming out of the chute. I let out a yell like Jerry Clower.

Re: Writing a book - 11/08/15 10:49 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Lil Joe

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 12:12 AM

It's funny how every stand I have ever hunted in has atleast one bush or tree that looks like a deer roflmao
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 12:20 AM

I'm thinking about writing a book, "No that's not a deer, it's just another bushy tree." It's a bout a guy that can't see very good so it thinks he sees whitetails and other deer in the shadows under large trees. And he always has to use the bathroom as soon as he gets to his honey hole.

Start with a guy who can't, rather a guy that.

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner

Start with a guy who can't, rather a guy that.

Okay, we'll play by the rules. Bill, do you think we should still use two spaces after the period when writing? Just curious, it's been a bit of a topic between some peers.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 04:43 PM

It was a dark and stormy night,,

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 04:48 PM

How my book writing would start

Re: Writing a book - 11/09/15 04:49 PM

How it would end
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum