Texas Hunting Forum

Live from Jack Co.

Posted By: Alex K.

Live from Jack Co. - 11/07/15 01:42 PM

Right on the edge of Jack and Montague. Light rain let up right before first light. Beautiful cloudy morning with a mild NE breeze. 2 small does and a Turkey at feeder. Might just take a doe this AM if a decent one shows itself. Good luck to everyone!!
Posted By: decook

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/07/15 03:52 PM

rifle
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/07/15 03:52 PM

cheers
Posted By: R J Herman

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 03:12 PM

Just outside of jacksboro, haven't seen a thing, but lots of fresh tracks everywhere. Beautiful cool morning, truck said 37 when I pulled in.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 07:26 PM

On my way now for a long afternoon sit

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 09:15 PM

And they guy with the cattle lease on the place, who hasn't had cows on it in 2 years is out here shredding grass. Just the way I wanted my first hunt of the year to go.

I don't pay to hunt here. He pays for the cattle lease. It's a family place without any kind of rules or anything. Nothing g I can do about it. Just venting.
Posted By: Western

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
And they guy with the cattle lease on the place, who hasn't had cows on it in 2 years is out here shredding grass. Just the way I wanted my first hunt of the year to go.

I don't pay to hunt here. He pays for the cattle lease. It's a family place without any kind of rules or anything. Nothing g I can do about it. Just venting.

Might infrom him this is the biggest hunting weekend in Texas! add, 80% of Texans are out hunting with big rifles and some of them are after a trophy tractor, he'll get the idea....

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 10:11 PM

He's gone finally. Hopefully in time for it to settle down and deer to move back in.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 10:46 PM

Good luck Caribou. I'm back in Hurst now but saw plenty of deer this weekend, just nothing to pull a trigger on. Had a big doe at 50 yards but she had 2 youngins with her so I just watched. Cousin hunts other end of property and took a nice little 8pt last night. It was his first buck so that was cool.

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/08/15 11:07 PM

Nice. Dad was telling me about a really good little burger place in jacksboro the other day. Well have to meet for lunch one day after a morning hunt.
Posted By: R J Herman

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/09/15 02:06 AM

It's called herd burger, awesome burgers, just make sure you bring cash!!!

Ate at dairy land today, all you can eat pork ribs, yum yum!!!!

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/09/15 02:28 AM

So of course, I saw nothing. The only silver lining to the night is I had 136 pictures on the camera since Monday. Bad news is, the card fell out of my pocket at some point before I got in the truck. So, yea.... Tonight sucked....

Re: Live from Jack Co. - 11/10/15 10:56 PM

Just got in the stand. 5 minutes before the feeder went off. And I found my camera card right where I was parked the other night. Even if I don't see anything, tonight was already a success.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum