Texas Hunting Forum

Not one Buck!!!!!!!

Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 03:32 AM

I've had my camera up for almost 2 months and I haven't had any Bucks at all. I've got Does every single day so I'm not to worried.
Posted By: JoeA

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 03:59 AM

If you have des you will have bucks! You need to take some does to get a better ratio. 1 to 1 1/2 does per buck is the best ratio.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 04:01 AM

With everything so green and it looks like your just feeding corn they probably just arent coming to it, i fed protein all year and the bigger bucks would only come to that, as soon as it would run out and corn was still going i wouldnt see them on camera for a week or so until i filled it back up
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 01:06 PM

Maybe you have a bruiser in the Area protecting his territory?
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 01:47 PM

Well if you had bucks for the last two months the would probably take off on you anyway , so I wouldn't sweat it. They take off to search for the ladies and you got them. Sooooooo you should be sitting pretty.
Posted By: Eastwood

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 02:19 PM

I've had packs of does with a buck now and again for two months. I checked my camera this week and all kinds of new bucks showed up. It's getting to be that time of year.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 02:51 PM

I have 16 different bucks on camera. Only 5 doe. It's like this every year. confused2

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 03:31 PM

I had the same thing happen last year it just seems it's taking a bit longer for the bucks to come around this time. But then again it's been pretty warm for the most part. Overall I'd much rather not be seeing any bucks at this point over not seeing any does.
Posted By: HuntingJunkie

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/06/15 11:23 PM

Enjoy the element of surprise......that's all we had years ago. If the girls are close, so are the boys. up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 12:56 AM

With all those does around, they will be around when the rut is about to start.
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 01:00 AM

let me chime in too.... I have a small spot on the Medina River.. very small... I have a bunch of does... always does... but like others said keep the does around and mr sweetlips will come a courting! Ask me how I got my biggest buck ever..... no difference- two months of doe pics too! Good Luck!
Posted By: HillTxJsa

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 06:27 AM

I agree with culling of does. You may have a bigger doe to buck ratio then you would like. In turn you may ed up with alot of small bucks if you dont cull. Funny how the ratio changes as years go by.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 12:16 PM

Shoot a doe, better tasting.
Posted By: enock

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 01:18 PM

I was in the same boat last year. Nothing but does on camera. Opening morning I decided to take a doe as I was really needing some freezer meat. Shot doe and about 10 minutes later this 10 point comes charging in and stands over her! Got me a package deal that day! They seem to be always lurking around the corner, you never know!

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: MontagueMonsters
Maybe you have a bruiser in the Area protecting his territory?

Well to my happy surprise my normal does came in and a nice big buck was following. Never seen any on my camera but He was sure chasing until he got to my south west and caught my scent. Heading back in this afternoon need some extra scent cover.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 04:26 PM

Just a matter of time. Good luck
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Not one Buck!!!!!!! - 11/07/15 07:41 PM

It happens. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum