Not far from McKinney.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 03:30 AM

Mis information
Posted By: Curly

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Mis information

I heard from a reliable source it was taken not far from the McKinney airport.
If it's mis information then I apologize and what's the correct information then?
Posted By: Outfishdya

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 03:47 AM

Kansas road kill
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 12:41 PM

The info is correct Curly as far as where the buck was killed. It was bow killed outside of McKinney and the Hunter has already had a visit from the GW and everything checked out for a legal bow harvest.

What is incorrect is the date of kill. It was killed several weeks ago in early bow season. Check out the details and more pics in the metroplex bucks thread in the photo section. up

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Outfishdya
Kansas road kill

Wrong!
Posted By: Garret9595

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 12:44 PM

I have known this guy since I was in kindergarten. Story is true I have his families insurance old farming family good people
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 09:00 PM

It won't be long and deer will be gone from this area with all the development. Sad.
Posted By: D-Day

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 10:12 PM

They are around and that is a nice one. They will be pushed out though.

There was a large 8-pointer hit on 380 near Denton last year and one the year before almost in the same spots b/w Paloma Creek and Providence Village near the lake. There was a large deer hit in Flower Mound or Carrollton last year as well. Might be able to find the Carrollton one on the interwebs.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 10:33 PM

This is what happens when deer are allowed to age. I have been shown trail cam pics of several deer in that class from north of Mckinney. There are more killed every year I'm sure that you never hear about. It seems like every time you hear about a good buck killed in Collin County the game warden is always in full investigation mode. What prompted the visit from the game warden in this case that merited it to need to be checked out?
Posted By: Gary Willmann

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 10:55 PM

Mis information

And how do you know this?
Posted By: Gary Willmann

Re: Collin County - 11/05/15 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Outfishdya
Kansas road kill

And you know this for fact?
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Collin County - 11/06/15 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Willmann
Mis information

And how do you know this?

It was posted on the forum earlier last month by the shooters family.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Collin County - 11/06/15 03:54 AM

Here is the Kansas road kill buck

Re: Collin County - 11/06/15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Westtexan1
This is what happens when deer are allowed to age. I have been shown trail cam pics of several deer in that class from north of Mckinney. There are more killed every year I'm sure that you never hear about. It seems like every time you hear about a good buck killed in Collin County the game warden is always in full investigation mode. What prompted the visit from the game warden in this case that merited it to need to be checked out?

Good question. From what I've read and heard, they like to find out where it was killed so they can try to lease it or get permission to hunt there themselves. If that's not the reason, why don't they visit every hunter that kills a buck to make sure they followed the law?
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Collin County - 11/06/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: Westtexan1

Good question. From what I've read and heard, they like to find out where it was killed so they can try to lease it or get permission to hunt there themselves. If that's not the reason, why don't they visit every hunter that kills a buck to make sure they followed the law?

I think you would be surprised at the number of calls to a game warden a big deer can generate, if they get a call (complaint) they have to follow up on it.

not many neighbors get mad about you shooting a 124 1/8" 8pt, but shoot their 182" triple beamer and they tend to get a bit upset. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum