Texas Hunting Forum

It's on in East Texas

Posted By: Texas Dan

It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 05:02 PM

Just got the first report within my local hunters circle of a mature buck chasing a doe in East Texas (Houston County).
Posted By: DHS274

Re: It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 05:09 PM

I was out in the woods Monday and Tuesday in far east Texas,did not see Buck activity but did see Does who may be coming into heat. I expect this coming weekend the rut will be picking up speed and by mid-week the chase will be on. Bad thing is if a buck and doe link up before opening day, they tend to stay in the thick woods when mating, away from the harassment of other bucks. I prefer to get a good buck before they lose weight during the rut.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 05:14 PM

Saw a nice 10 point trying to cross the road about 4am this morning. On HWY 19 southbound north of Crockett. I'm sure he was after a doe. I also saw a doe at the intersection of I-20 and HWY 19 in Lindale. Between the feeder road and the motel right on the NW corner by the red light. She had to have been pushed up there by a buck. Heck, she was in town!
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 05:30 PM

worthless
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 06:39 PM

Before the storm hit last weekend, I had about a dozen different deer on my cameras, does and bucks coming in after each other, never there at the same time. All week long I have only found one set of deer tracks on my land. If they have started rutting, they are off doing it somewhere else.
Posted By: jcarroll3

Re: It's on in East Texas - 10/28/15 07:31 PM

They have been starting to chase a little, and spar on camera where I am at!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum