Texas Hunting Forum

WHAT THE.....???

Posted By: DuckCoach1985

WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:35 PM

Settle into the ground blinde at 6:00 this morning. Around 6:30 I hear footsteps coming up behind me (following the trail I take to the blind. I think Good.. They're moving in early this morning. Footsteps getting closer.. It's pitch black. I can hear breathing.. Getting louder. I stand up grab my 9mm (simultaneously p!ssing myself).. It sticks its nose INSIDE THE BLIND at the bottom sniffing around (still can't see anything). I kick at the edge of the blind several times, possibly screaming like a 9yo girl and it's gone.. WTH do yall think it was?? I think either a curious deer, coyote, maybe even manbearpig.. I did have a buck urine drag to somewhat cover my scent on the way in. What do yall think?? eek2
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:40 PM

Think I would turned a flashlight on and seen personally. At least you didn't go shooting a clip load of 9mm at it. Our ranch has sheep dog on it and I had one do that last year to me. Scared the crap out of me to.
Posted By: Cast

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:41 PM

Did you have a mag with more than nine rounds in your paw? Did you feel the need for high cap mag?

Oh, I gotcha! BOO!

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:45 PM

7+1.. Wished I had 700+1 at the time!
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:45 PM

Chupa?
Posted By: EastTxBlake

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:46 PM

I had an armadillo do that to me last year, I would much rather be up a tree clap

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:48 PM

Been scoping out a spot for a tree stand all morning roflmao
Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:51 PM

Sorry, I had to laugh at that one roflmao
Had the same thing happen to me, not as close, but close enough where I almost had to change my drawers lol
Posted By: EastTxBlake

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:55 PM

I hear ya! up
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 01:59 PM

I'm sorry.
I did not know you would be hunting today.
Thought you would be at work!! bolt
Posted By: rickym

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 02:01 PM

roflmao that's funny right there.
For the last 4 months I've been to my feeder 5 times. The night after I fill/work on it a coyote shows up every single time. he also was there two nights before I was there last time, it has to walk right by where I was sitting in a lawn chair. After seeing the latest pics I'm a little un-easy about just sitting there in a chair with my back turned away from the trail it uses

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 02:02 PM

Hope that kick to the nose don't hurt too bad roflmao
Posted By: texashelms

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 02:32 PM

Bear

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: texashelms
Bear

In my head that's exactly what it was!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 04:43 PM

Man I thought a raccoon was trying to get in my ground blind one time then this giant centipede came in and scared the crap out of me. I cut him in half with my BushMonkey and his front end took off out of the blind. About an hour later the front half came back in and I chopped it up into pieces. This thing was about 6 or so inches long and sound like a dang deer walking in the woods.

This is the back half that didn't run off
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 05:59 PM

Probably a 180" slick 10 just wanting to say good morning.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 06:19 PM

Manbearpig
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 06:53 PM

Dog
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 06:55 PM

Bigfoot tracking you done. taz

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Man I thought a raccoon was trying to get in my ground blind one time then this giant centipede came in and scared the crap out of me. I cut him in half with my BushMonkey and his front end took off out of the blind. About an hour later the front half came back in and I chopped it up into pieces. This thing was about 6 or so inches long and sound like a dang deer walking in the woods.

No thanks.. I'd rather deal with a pack of rabid coyotes
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

x2 I hate those freakin things!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/10/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: blazin
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985

x2 I hate those freakin things!
Posted By: bull279

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/11/15 04:04 AM

Posted By: Seadog

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/11/15 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: bull279

rofl

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/12/15 01:57 PM

That'd be my luck right there
Posted By: HS2

Re: WHAT THE.....??? - 10/12/15 06:15 PM

Last Friday I show up after dark and want to check the feeders. So I take Silas the new pup and walk out into the woods. I've only had this dog less than a week and it's the first time I've had him outside off the leash, so I'm wondering whether he'll run off or stay with me. I'm standing underneath this feeder looking up at the spinner when this coon leans over from above me and looks down less than two feet from my head. He asks me what I'm doing messing with his feeder, but doesn't wait around for a response....he jumps off the feeder and lands with enough of a thud to catch the attention of the pup, and takes off into the brush, with the pup chasing right behind. Right then I'm wondering whether I'll ever get the dog back. The coon can't run very fast since he's so fat from eating corn, but he's just faster than the dog, at least fast enough to find a tree to climb. The dog comes back and everyone is happy, except the coon that issued a complaint to management because he can't enjoy a quiet dinner.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum