Texas Hunting Forum

Jacked Up Rack

Posted By: Bdontexoma

Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 04:45 AM

Whatcha think about this one?

Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 05:01 AM

You've got yourself a ladyboy buck. A Caitlyn Jenner of the animal kingdom....He's been de-nadded.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 01:09 PM

Cactus buck. I've heard they will never turn into anything but I would probably let it walk another year. One forum members said they will grow a bigger body than most deer
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Enter Standman
You've got yourself a ladyboy buck. A Caitlyn Jenner of the animal kingdom....He's been de-nadded.
up
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 01:21 PM

Yelp stag, old one at that
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 01:27 PM

Shoot that sucker, that's good eats. Think feeder steer.
Posted By: SouthTXhunter07

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 01:27 PM

that's crazy. I've never seen one in person.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 02:23 PM

Rack will continuously grow won't it?

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BenBob
Rack will continuously grow won't it?

Yes, but the pace is dependent on genetics
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 02:34 PM

I'd have to give a pass this year in hopes He may be a big freak next year.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 02:37 PM

let it go, like a spike it will turn into a monster one day, like this one...

Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 02:43 PM

That is an extreme exception to the ones I've seen jhouse. Would be interesting to know at what stage in life that buck became a stag. The ones we get seem to be born stags and never amount to more than the original buck posted.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Enter Standman

Maybe it will win an award?

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
That is an extreme exception to the ones I've seen jhouse. Would be interesting to know at what stage in life that buck became a stag. The ones we get seem to be born stags and never amount to more than the original buck posted.

I would concur. We kill 3-5 a year.

Going anywhere where from just a glob to velvet mainframe 6-10 etc. but one above is world class
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Going anywhere where from just a glob to velvet mainframe 6-10 etc. but one above is world class

What type of fences are on the property? I have never seen or heard of so many cut bucks? I saw a young girl shot one not quite that big in the last year or so somewhere in the southeast.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 07:13 PM

Shot one on our place that was a 4 pt. He was a little plumper but body size was not out of the ordinary compared to others and the meat seemed the same as most any deer ive eaten.

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

What type of fences are on the property? I have never seen or heard of so many cut bucks? I saw a young girl shot one not quite that big in the last year or so somewhere in the southeast.

Not cut, more under developed. Biologist says its from eating fungas and lichens off the granite rock at a young age.

Normal five stand fences, but ya never killed one that was cut. They all had nuts just peanuts.

They don't breed or rut... Just eat. Even drought years they are butter balls. Meat is awesome and very tender. Had a few I pulled back straps off. Neibghor killed a 140 8pt a few years back
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/07/15 09:52 PM

Could be an antlered doe and not a de-nadded buck.
Posted By: Bdontexoma

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/08/15 02:37 AM

Problem is I don't think it's a legal harvest in an AR county.

Is it?
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/08/15 08:52 AM

Doesn't look like it. On the up-side, it may not even be capable of reproducing.
Posted By: CW Knight

Re: Jacked Up Rack - 10/08/15 06:42 PM

I have seen photos of a couple of deer in the Hill Country that look just the same. Was told they suffered from a testosterone deficiency known as "Hypogonadism". According to what I was told they never shed their horns and are always in velvet. They are not supposed to be able to reproduce.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum