Texas Hunting Forum

Red River co report

Posted By: TxPacker4

Red River co report - 09/30/15 07:36 PM

Anyone have any info on the area? Haven't been able to make it down lately.
Posted By: Matt

Re: Red River co report - 09/30/15 09:17 PM

I'm in the southwest corner and the deer are plentiful. I've had good numbers for the last couple of years. But, they are mostly young. I haven't had a picture of anything big in a long while.
Thanks!!
Matt
Posted By: coachjonesy23

Re: Red River co report - 09/30/15 09:35 PM

Lots of doe activity where I am just North of Clarksville. Have only seen 2 bucks on camera and both are too young and would be close on AR. We had two mature 8 pointers on camera last season but have not seen them so far this year.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Red River co report - 09/30/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: coachjonesy23
Lots of doe activity where I am just North of Clarksville. Have only seen 2 bucks on camera and both are too young and would be close on AR. We had two mature 8 pointers on camera last season but have not seen them so far this year.

I am north of Clarksville too on the Red River, we must have see the same bucks , LOL.
Seeing very view deer at all but a WHOLE LOT OF HOGS!!!!!
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Red River co report - 09/30/15 09:52 PM

Tons of Hogs. A few does, not many bucks. Did I mention a ton of HOGS.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Red River co report - 10/01/15 03:31 AM

I am out by Clarksville on the sulphur river. Been seeing some does on camera and a small buck and spikes. Still had a few really nice bucks running round end of season but haven't seen them yet this year.

Walter
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Red River co report - 10/01/15 04:38 AM

West side of Clarksville north of Detroit. No deer on camera yet this year. Thousands of pictures of pigs. This has been typical every year with deer hitting the feeders in December.
Posted By: TxPacker4

Re: Red River co report - 10/02/15 06:41 AM

We're out towards Avery. We were seeing some really nice deer last year on camera but all at night. Last year as we were pulling out of the gate the Game Warden stopped us to check and make sure we were playing nice, and he had a bed-full of poached deer all from the last few hours. talking 8-10 nice deer. Last time we were there we saw signs of trespassers. Before the start of bow season last year we had some tripods stolen, so we're hoping we don't have any poacher. Setting some cameras out this weekend, and hopefully have something nice to report on the 12th.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Red River co report - 10/05/15 12:53 AM

Hunt north east of Clarksville, little east of English. Was a busy year and finally got corn in feeders and cameras up wknd of 9/11..... hard day to think about my brothers.... spent the weekend and set in the stand every eve and am, just to see what would show. Took a coyote on the 11th, no sign of deer till the 12th, found the feeders by 09:00 on the 12th. plan to hopefully head back next wknd to top off feeders and check cameras. Have taken several nice bucks over the last 10-12 years hunting there, but the funny thing is, have had pics of bigger and nicer deer, but have never had a pic of the deer "all legal width" that we have taken. Most have been nocturnal, but some have shown on cams in am and pm during legal hers, just not while we were there.... guess they are wearing watches and using binocs to check and see if we are in the stands!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Posted By: texassippi

Re: Red River co report - 10/05/15 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TxPacker4
We're out towards Avery. We were seeing some really nice deer last year on camera but all at night. Last year as we were pulling out of the gate the Game Warden stopped us to check and make sure we were playing nice, and he had a bed-full of poached deer all from the last few hours. talking 8-10 nice deer. Last time we were there we saw signs of trespassers. Before the start of bow season last year we had some tripods stolen, so we're hoping we don't have any poacher. Setting some cameras out this weekend, and hopefully have something nice to report on the 12th.

We are right outside of Clarksville. Poaching/thieves are pretty bad. If your tripods are visable from the roads chain those suckers up with some heavy duty chains. Lots of shots from the roads from spotlighters. A couple of weekends ago the game wardens caught some guys taking hogs off the county road running along our property. The warden we deal with is a pretty good guy and is a nice help with getting the riff raff that doesn't belong out of there. Lots of folks just cruising around where we are drinking beer and shooting stuff from the road for fun.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum