Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Vocalization Apps

Posted By: TiggerV

Deer Vocalization Apps - 09/29/15 03:22 AM

I have a lot of apps on my phone that do various deer calls. Doe in Estrus....Fawn in distress....Buck grunt....etc....etc.....

Anyone actually use their phone as a deer call?
Posted By: JBlack

Re: Deer Vocalization Apps - 09/29/15 12:49 PM

I have a couple apps but i have not had any luck. I have listened to them to see if that is what my real calls sound like.
Posted By: Carlos B

Re: Deer Vocalization Apps - 09/29/15 02:55 PM

I use iHunt Calls by "altusbrands". The sounds are clear and I've use it for deer and coyotes. I haven't seen any results for deer yet but I haven't had the chance to try it that much. Coyotes respond to the sounds like crazy. I have a few of them come up within 30 yrds to see what's going on.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Deer Vocalization Apps - 09/29/15 03:20 PM

I would never use my phone for sounds for animals in the woods
Posted By: TX Hitman

Re: Deer Vocalization Apps - 09/30/15 01:45 AM

I played around last year at my friends place. Didn't plan on shooting a deer. Mainly hunting pigs and varmints. 2 separate occasions I watch deer all morning so I decided to try the calls out. My blind is 75yrds from the feeder.

1. 3 does. Hit the buck call to see what would happen. All of them keyed directly at my blind. The couple of older does took off. The young one, about 2yrs, was more curious but eventually took off as well.

2. 2 bucks. 1 was maybe 2 yrs and a forked 4pt. and the other was a 3-4yr broken rack buck. I first tried the doe bleat. They both perked up and were on alert but didn't spook. Just sat on alert for about 10 -15 mins. Then I tried the buck grunt. They both hauled tail out of there.

That's the only 2 times I've tried it.

confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum