Texas Hunting Forum

Who has killed a Booner?

Posted By: FoxTrot

Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 12:52 PM

How many folks here have a book deer? Dont give a rat's arse bout any pen raised deer. I want to see how many guys here have a legit book deer. Entered or not. I have 3 P&Y deer hanging on my wall but havent been lucky enough to break the Booner line. I have been lucky enough to see 2 book deer on the hoof. One in 2011 in Pike County, IL as he would have been well over 200" and I saw one driving down the road in Kansas last year...Bad thing is, I saw him 2 days in a row in the same spot. He was somewhere around the 190" mark, typical.

So, when and where did you shoot it?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:00 PM

I don't think I have even seen one that would be a legit booner, as in not behind a fence etc.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:07 PM

I would if I coulda let mine grown another year.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:10 PM

I haven't ever seen one either. Biggest I've seen is a 164" 11 point, that still haunts he today. I missed and another lease member got him a week later, that was way back in 1997.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:10 PM

I have only seen one B&C deer free range - was in high school and he was in the bar ditch with a doe. Small town and I knew everyone who lived in the area. Not one ever saw him that I know of.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:18 PM

Have a muley that meets awards minimum, grossed for all-time, but the G2s killed him. Still waiting on the WT and have my eye on one that may get the job done if he can manage to stay under a rock.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:22 PM

So people can tell a BC Score on the Hoof confused2
That's impressive...Have had several killed on our place but never connected..Like Stompy said, hard to swallow but Happy for the guys on our place that did up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
I haven't ever seen one either. Biggest I've seen is a 164" 11 point, that still haunts he today. I missed and another lease member got him a week later, that was way back in 1997.

bang
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 01:36 PM

I have been lucky enough to go to different places around Texas and see some obvious Booners but I don't have the $$$ to take one home or a friend that nice...LOL....
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 02:00 PM

hoping to this year, also, this thread is worthless without pics.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
That's impressive...Have had several killed on our place but never connected..Like Stompy said, hard to swallow but Happy for the guys on our place that did up

The 1 I saw in Illinois was obviously a booner, no doubt he would have went over 200". Words cant describe how massive this deer was. I saw him 2 days in a row in the same spot from my stand. He was on the neighbors property about 100 yards away. Between the 2 times I saw him, I got to watch him for about 10 minutes total. The one I saw last year in KS would have been borderline but he was huge. I would have been proud of him on my wall!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
hoping to this year, also, this thread is worthless without pics.

Ditto...on both

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: FoxTrot

The 1 I saw in Illinois was obviously a booner, no doubt he would have went over 200". Words cant describe how massive this deer was. I saw him 2 days in a row in the same spot from my stand. He was on the neighbors property about 100 yards away. Between the 2 times I saw him, I got to watch him for about 10 minutes total. The one I saw last year in KS would have been borderline but he was huge. I would have been proud of him on my wall!

Yes Sir, we have some Dandys on our Kentucky place ...was you Bow Hunting him up
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 04:48 PM

170 the cut off for B&C?
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 05:28 PM

I've seen a few that would have grossed over 170". Maybe a handful

All high fence but native genetics. One was on a ranch where no one had stepped foot in in 5 years
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 05:48 PM

Next year!!! grin
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: reeder05
170 the cut off for B&C?

165 typical

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Seadog
Next year!!! grin

Hope you didn't use that as your birthday wish. cheers
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:16 PM

watched these two for a few years and ended up having hunters take both on the same night.. not sure what NT books is but the bigger one was 181 and the typical was 167.. prolly wouldn't actually make it with deductions... he was missing about 8 inches of tine when he was shot also

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: reeder05
170 the cut off for B&C?

165 typical

That's not all time thsts just the awards correct?

I'm not a fan of the net score rules I believe if the deer grew it it should count symmetry be damned

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:25 PM

Here are the minimums, B.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_minimums.asp?area=bgRecords

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:25 PM

Oh and this one 174
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:32 PM

If 165 typical is the min then I may have seen one.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

its 170" net for the all time

a 165" deer is still a big deer

People nowadays look at a 170" buck as being somewhat mediocre but you have to remember when the minimums were founded the set that as a RECORD, not something easily achieved. I know guys with big low fence ranches that will pass up 170" bucks to get a 190" or 200" but a 170" whitetail is a giant deer, any way you cut it

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 06:50 PM

Yep, and they pass them up bc they're not behind every bush.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

People nowadays look at a 170" buck as being somewhat mediocre but you have to remember when the minimums were founded the set that as a RECORD, not something easily achieved. I know guys with big low fence ranches that will pass up 170" bucks to get a 190" or 200" but a 170" whitetail is a giant deer, any way you cut it

Typical 165 net makes book

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 07:32 PM

Yes Sir, we have some Dandys on our Kentucky place ...was you Bow Hunting him up

Yup, sure was. The one in KS I would have needed that Dodge tag as I saw him on the side of the road!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:47 PM

Boone and Crockett? Last time I looked, it took a 170" to make the "all time" B&C book
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:49 PM

I have been lucky to get onto many ranches and I quite a few book deer dead on the wall or from sheds picked up from LF ranches. Lot of ranches kill those deer and never made it public. I saw 5 bucks from low 170's gross to 208 gross in the back of one pickup headed to the taxi. All from one LF ranch in South Texas. I found a set of typical 6x6 sheds that would have probable been a book deer depending on spread and the length of a broken G5 when I found them. I was with the LO when he rushed his shot and missed him. Was on a lease north of Jayton that had a 5x5 killed opening day that could have grossed/netted book depending how long a broken browtine and G2 that were fresh. Seen a couple of 8 points taken LF that netted upper 160's that were mounted. One from Mexico and other from South Texas.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:51 PM

Put the Makers down trout 170 to make the alltime book and net 160 to make the awards.
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:52 PM

170 net all time low fence only.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:53 PM

This one is in the book.

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/10/15 11:53 PM

Several 170 net deer?
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:31 AM

I have not had him officially scored just yet but he is close to gross 182". I am assuming he will be non typical. He will Net close to the mark. 2014 bow kill from Missouri

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:37 AM

2014 rifle kill. Gross 175". I believe he will net in the upper 150's and may just miss it by a few points. I plan on having him scored too.

Originally Posted By: txshntr
This one is in the book.

That is a beautiful buck your dad killed.

Book is net not gross though. Net is what keeps 1000's of deer out. Book is based on symmetry not gross.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Book is net not gross though. Net is what keeps 1000's of deer out. Book is based on symmetry not gross.

Notice I made this statement and that I have not had them officially scored. I stated they would be close. Bow Kill will be closer than the rifle I believe but he is hard to score.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:49 AM

On a typical you will have to gross his typical frame only then deduct side to side symmetry then deduct the total NT inches off of that. That keeps so many bucks out of the book. NT have it a bit better in that they take the typical frame then deduct side to side symmetry and then add in the NT total inches, but they have to get to 195 net to make book. That 175 gross will really depend on how they score that forked or common base G2-G3 on his right beam. Those 3 base points is what will hurt him also. That is why I like gross over net.
The NT will the double mainbeam will not net very well as a Typical with that extra beam. He will net typical less than the buck you killed in the next pic IMO. NT wise he will net a bit better than the other buck.
Netting the typical frame first then taking off or adding in the NT for final net tyical or NT score is what really takes away from a buck IMO.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22

Notice I made this statement and that I have not had them officially scored. I stated they would be close. Bow Kill will be closer than the rifle I believe but he is hard to score.

The bow kill IMO won't be closer to a net book score than the rifle. Symmetry really hurts him. His gross might be better.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:54 AM

The bow kill IMO won't be closer to a net book score than the rifle. Symmetry really hurts him. His gross might be better.

You very well may be correct. All I have put a tape on is gross. Guessing on the net but plan on having them scored.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:02 AM

Stx I was also referring to pope and young and not b&C. I guess he asked about booner and then stated book deer.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:02 AM

Seen some really big deer that lost a lot on the net.
I have seen on NT(WT) with only 10 points total that netted 198 and change NT. He was a mainframe 4x4-8 point with matching double drops. At that time he was the largest NT with the fewest points in the book. His 8 point typical frame netted just over 180 and was very symmetrical.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:04 AM

Plug your numbers into the B&C calculator form...it'll be reasonably close on net.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:06 AM

P&Y is 125 net on typical and 155 NT IIRC. So the bow kill will be closer to the 155 net NT. Both are still great bucks no matter what they score cheers

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:10 AM

Seen some really big deer that lost a lot on the net.
I have seen on NT(WT) with only 10 points total that netted 198 and change NT. He was a mainframe 4x4-8 point with matching double drops. At that time he was the largest NT with the fewest points in the book. His 8 point typical frame netted just over 180 and was very symmetrical.

Saw one 14pt that was about as perfectly symmetrical as you could get. Unfortunately nobody ever shot him, though I tried like heck. Water came up and pushed them out of where they hung out on the back side of the preserve they were on. The 10pt that was his running buddy got shot eventually. That 14pt made that 190" 10 look small in comparison. Carried the same time length, wider and just had those huge sweeping beams that spaced out its tines. Like to have had a heart attach when the spotting scope panned across him and he was laid up in the shade of a pivot.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:11 AM

P&Y is 125 net on typical and 155 NT IIRC. So the bow kill will be closer to the 155 net NT. Both are still great bucks no matter what they score cheers

Yes sir. This is what I had in my mind all along. I guess I just wasn't being clear and plus it was a hard day at work and I have had a few cold ones.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:36 AM

This one is in the book.

That is a beautiful buck your dad killed.

Thank you sir, truly an impressive deer, especially in person.

IIRC, the MF was 183", gross was 189 7/8, net was 173". Very few deductions on MF, but had almost 7" of trash on the base. Funny, if he had broke those off, he would have only had around 3" of deductions and would have scored 7" higher bang

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:46 AM

Wow 3" of deducts on his MF typical was great on a buck that big.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:50 AM

Put the Makers down trout 170 to make the alltime book and net 160 to make the awards.

Old German ..... They have an awards book also...therefor 165 typical net goes in to the B&C BOOK

"Trophies that meet the Awards minimum but not the All-Time minimum will be listed in the Awards book"

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:56 AM

This one is in the book.

One of my All Time Favorite Deer.....Travis I'm not even gonna comment on your Deer rofl
Kidding Sir..How Cool up
Posted By: kry226

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:01 AM

173 4/8" Net. Public land on the Tennessee side of Fort Campbell. 1.5" sticker at the left base hurt.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: txbobcat

Several 170 net deer?

Think you kinda missed the Jest of my point Sir, 90% of the average Joes couldn't get within the Score of a Book Deer at just a glance..and a few could, wasnt directed at the ones that can and are capable amigo up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: kry226
173 4/8" Net. Public land on the Tennessee side of Fort Campbell. 1.5" sticker at the left base hurt.

up
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:07 AM

Seen a few on the hoof, held a couple in my hands, killed not a damn one.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:09 AM

Old German ..... They have an awards book also...therefor 165 typical net goes in to the B&C BOOK

"Trophies that meet the Awards minimum but not the All-Time minimum will be listed in the Awards book"

Thought that number was 160"?

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:09 AM

On the old ranch think it's 4 that netted all time and 2 or three that netted awards. Not bad for the 12 years that I had it. 3 of those I passed up previous years. With two that broke 200 gross

In panhandle we have one makes all time but haven't gotten very close in a long time though.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:10 AM

Thought that number was 160"?

Yes which means a 165 makes book too bolt

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:11 AM

Great buck and on public no less cheers Makes it even more impressive of an accomplishment to me.

I have a pic of that monster 8 taken in Kansas off public somewhere. Will post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: A.B.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger A.B.

I just take pictures and feed

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:13 AM

Welcome to my world bang

I've even euro'd them crying

With two shot out of my stand a day or two before I got there.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:17 AM

Great buck and on public no less cheers Makes it even more impressive of an accomplishment to me.

I have a pic of that monster 8 taken in Kansas off public somewhere. Will post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thank you, sir. Definitely a strike of lightning.

My buddy sent me a pic of a monster Kansas roadkill last year and I'm sure it made the rounds. Would almost certainly make book.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:18 AM

My buddy sent me a pick of a monster Kansas roadkill last year and I'm sure it made the rounds. Would almost certainly make book.

And then some if its that mAinframe 12 or 14. Deer had well over 40" just mass

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:26 AM

My buddy sent me a pic of a monster Kansas roadkill last year and I'm sure it made the rounds. Would almost certainly make book.

Was that your Deer KRY, Congrats Man...seen some Toads come out of the "Land between the Lakes" in Tenn

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:32 AM

I think a lot people would be surprised at the numbers killed in Texas that never are mentioned in public. I know of 16 NT or Typical LF from last year that netted book with another that missed it by 1/8"(not sure if that one was after or before drying period) that were listed as killed with scores.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:32 AM

cheers

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:37 AM

I think a lot people would be surprised at the numbers killed in Texas that never are mentioned in public. I know of 16 NT or Typical LF from last year that netted book with another that missed it by 1/8"(not sure if that one was after or before drying period) that were listed as killed with scores.

Bet 2-1 or 3-1 easy taken vs entered. Lots of studs that people are tight lipped about.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:43 AM

I know of 2 off of one ranch that netted book that will probably be entered not in that total.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:46 AM

I know of 2 off of one ranch that netted book that will probably be entered not in that total.

I don't blame anyone for not entering them. None of ours where entered and three of them where officially measured and we thought better of it. Poaching was already bad enough

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:06 AM

cheers

Very impressive deer. Congrats
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:41 AM

I've never even gotten close. But, I did see several during my time hunting the King that would have made it. Heart stoppers.
Posted By: Grayson

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:56 AM

Killed one and have seen a few more, just couldn't get it done. Got several years of hunting left though, Lord willing.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 09:14 AM

My buddy sent me a pick of a monster Kansas roadkill last year and I'm sure it made the rounds. Would almost certainly make book.

And then some if its that mAinframe 12 or 14. Deer had well over 40" just mass

Not sure if we're talking about the same buck. This one looks to be a mainframe 10.

Was that your Deer KRY, Congrats Man...seen some Toads come out of the "Land between the Lakes" in Tenn

It's mine, Scooter. Very blessed to say the least. This buck was taken about 20 miles east of LBL just off a drop zone on Fort Campbell. But I watch LBL almost every year for the studs that come out of there. And I've never seen a place like Fort Campbell either. That whole area is plumb eat up with stud bucks.

cheers

Thanks, gents. This guy grossed 178 6/8 but only dressed 165 lbs.
Posted By: savoyspecial1

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 09:52 AM

Got one back in 1991. Free range in Mexico. Netted just a little over 196 non typical
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 11:42 AM

I know this isn't a monster, but it was to me for my first bow kill a few years ago out of East Texas. Any ideas on score? His brows are 6" for reference.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: savoyspecial1
Got one back in 1991. Free range in Mexico. Netted just a little over 196 non typical

That's a straight up stud. Never seen a Mexico deer with that much mass. Impressive

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:36 PM

Kry- that's a different deer. Stud non the less

The one I'm talking about is either a straight up 12 or 14.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Grayson
Killed one and have seen a few more, just couldn't get it done. Got several years of hunting left though, Lord willing.

You talking about that little guy you killed a few back grin

I keep thinking you are going to one up him cheers
Posted By: drslonghorn

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 01:43 PM

I killed a book deer in Mexico that grossed 183 1/2 BC and netted 178 7/8 BC. Typical 10 pt.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:12 PM

flehan

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:13 PM

How wide is that deer?

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
How wide is that deer?

we need a few more pics sir up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:34 PM

Holy brow tines! Awesome buck.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Don summers
I killed a book deer in Mexico that grossed 183 1/2 BC and netted 178 7/8 BC. Typical 10 pt.

Pics, my man. Pics. cool

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:36 PM

Kry- that's a different deer. Stud non the less

The one I'm talking about is either a straight up 12 or 14.

Roger that. Not tracking the one you're talking about then, Bobo.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 02:47 PM

I killed a 191" Muley in 1983 just north of Chmney Rock, Colorado. I didn't have the money to mount him but I at least have a few photos of him. I've never killed a WT over 140". Baker

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:06 PM

I know a lot of ranches that have produced book deer but if you make it public you will be banned from the ranch

Personally if I shot a deer that would net all time Boone and Crockett awards I would not enter it. It would have to a Milo Hansen type buck to get me to raise a stink about it

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:25 PM

welcome

Would love to see pictures sir!!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:26 PM

That's a straight up stud. Never seen a Mexico deer with that much mass. Impressive

X2 Heck of a deer!!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:28 PM

I know a lot of ranches that have produced book deer but if you make it public you will be banned from the ranch

Personally if I shot a deer that would net all time Boone and Crockett awards I would not enter it. It would have to a Milo Hansen type buck to get me to raise a stink about it

I feel the same way.

Only reason I put my moose in P&Y and B&C was because location was not an issue and it helped the guide with his business.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 03:29 PM

X2 Heck of a deer!!!

X3.

I hope Curly doesn't see that because it gives him a good argument against me on the AR threads. smile
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:01 PM

I shot this deer 20 plus years ago in SE Colorado. I cannot remember his exact score anymore but it is well into BC. I was to young to care about that stuff back then and have never tired recently to put him in the book.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I feel the same way.

Only reason I put my moose in P&Y and B&C was because location was not an issue and it helped the guide with his business.

A moose, sheep or elk would be a bit different
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:20 PM

It's mine, Scooter. Very blessed to say the least. This buck was taken about 20 miles east of LBL just off a drop zone on Fort Campbell. But I watch LBL almost every year for the studs that come out of there. And I've never seen a place like Fort Campbell either. That whole area is plumb eat up with stud bucks.

cheers

Awesome deer! I have held some ridiculous sheds off of Campbell. There are some spectacular deer out there.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67

cheers

Awesome deer! I have held some ridiculous sheds off of Campbell. There are some spectacular deer out there.

worthless
Posted By: Tinkle

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:33 PM

Is he half Long Horn! Look at that width!
Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson

I shot this deer 20 plus years ago in SE Colorado. I cannot remember his exact score anymore but it is well into BC. I was to young to care about that stuff back then and have never tired recently to put him in the book.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:36 PM

What did this deer score? I don't see him scoring way up in BC from that one pic.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
flehan

Right, Dandy up

Could you imagine him on Protein bolt roflmao

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 06:02 PM

cheers

worthless

Thank you, sir.

Stx (or anyone else), just google Fort Campbell mwr trophy room. You'll see what he's talking about. Hard for me to post a link from where I am right now.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 06:42 PM

I got this one -low fence . Scored 200 4/8" . I did not send it in though . Cook county 2008 .

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: texfork

I got this one -low fence . Scored 200 4/8" . I did not send it in though . Cook county 2008 .

Wow up

Congrats Sir

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:11 PM

cheers

worthless

Wish I had taken pictures. This was Spring of '01, had a buddy that was stationed there. Not sure where those sheds ended up going since he was sent to the sandbox a year later.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:16 PM

awesome

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:30 PM

awesome

up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:41 PM

awesome

up

studd!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:58 PM

That's an impressive deer and frame.. Awesome seeing a deer hit 200 inch with it being that symmetrical.. Stud typical

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:58 PM

Wow texfork!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 07:59 PM

That's an impressive deer and frame.. Awesome seeing a deer hit 200 inch with it being that symmetrical.. Stud typical

He has a little bit of everything doesnt he up
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:05 PM

Wouldn't that be 4 inches larger than the Texas state typical record?

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:10 PM

He has a little bit of everything doesnt he up

Yelp the two 200" from our place each where heavy NT inches. I'm a frame type guys so I get excite over a typical frame that big... It's just very rare!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:42 PM

Wouldn't that be 4 inches larger than the Texas state typical record?

It would be but I think this buck is gross score 200" or net 200" NT. State Record Typical is 196 4/8" net.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:43 PM

awesome

up

This buck was scored as a non typical.

studd!!
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:51 PM

How many folks here have a book deer? Dont give a rat's arse bout any pen raised deer. I want to see how many guys here have a legit book deer. Entered or not. I have 3 P&Y deer hanging on my wall but havent been lucky enough to break the Booner line. I have been lucky enough to see 2 book deer on the hoof. One in 2011 in Pike County, IL as he would have been well over 200" and I saw one driving down the road in Kansas last year...Bad thing is, I saw him 2 days in a row in the same spot. He was somewhere around the 190" mark, typical.

Saskatchewan, 2012, 179 2/8 net

And since FoxTrot said DEER, not WHITETAIL, here is a book blacktail from Humboldt Co. California, 2008, 138 1/8 net:

A caribou is also a deer. Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou, Humpy Lake, NWT, 372 6/8 net, 1998:

An elk is technically a deer as well. Rocky Mnt Elk, Navajo Co. AZ, 1991 385 net:

This Sitka Blacktail fell less than a point short. Kodiak Island 1992.

This mule deer scores high enough, but since it was taken off Santa Rosa Island, B&C doesn't consider the animal "free range" even though the island is unfenced and 90 sq miles. California, 2007, 198 net:

I also have a bison, muskox, and grizzly in the all-time B&C book. I've been a truly lucky hunter.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 08:59 PM

great animals dawaba

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 09:26 PM

Dawaba for the win!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 09:48 PM

2009 Low Fence - Gross 201 5/8 Net 197 6/8 In the all time book as Non Typical

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk

Another breath taker!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 10:56 PM

It's truly sickening what they did to the deer herd at Santa rosa island

Turns my stomach

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/11/15 11:54 PM

Some straight up studs in this bunch. cheers

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: dawaba

Saskatchewan, 2012, 179 2/8 net

And since FoxTrot said DEER, not WHITETAIL, here is a book blacktail from Humboldt Co. California, 2008, 138 1/8 net:

A caribou is also a deer. Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou, Humpy Lake, NWT, 372 6/8 net, 1998:

An elk is technically a deer as well. Rocky Mnt Elk, Navajo Co. AZ, 1991 385 net:

This Sitka Blacktail fell less than a point short. Kodiak Island 1992.

This mule deer scores high enough, but since it was taken off Santa Rosa Island, B&C doesn't consider the animal "free range" even though the island is unfenced and 90 sq miles. California, 2007, 198 net:

I also have a bison, muskox, and grizzly in the all-time B&C book. I've been a truly lucky hunter.
. Awesome animals. No luck involved.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 01:16 AM

What did this deer score? I don't see him scoring way up in BC from that one pic.

Lots of tine length but missing some points and pt. length I think. Not sure I see much more than 140 or so at least from that picture.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 01:52 AM

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Lotto

Dandy,
Body is impressive also on him up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 02:55 AM

up

Like that mount
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 03:25 AM

Shot in Wheeler County. Low Fence.

171 3/8"

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 04:56 AM

I see the panhandle boys are showing up. up
Posted By: savoyspecial1

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 09:03 AM

My dads free range Canada buck. It grossed I believe 206 and netted in the 190's typical. My uncle is in the pic with the deer. A little over 30" inside spread and the body was giant.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 10:49 AM

My dads free range Canada buck. It grossed I believe 206 and netted in the 190's typical. My uncle is in the pic with the deer. A little over 30" inside spread and the body was giant.
eeks333

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 12:16 PM

eeks333

eeks indeed

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 12:23 PM

eeks333

Unbelievable.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 12:26 PM

eeks333

Wow!!! Very impressive.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 12:29 PM

That there is a brahma bull with deer horns!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 01:22 PM

eeks333

Wow!!! Very impressive.

That Buck has my Neck rofl

Very Nice up

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 01:25 PM

That Buck has my Neck rofl

Very Nice up

clap roflmao
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 01:33 PM

Awesome thread. cheers

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 02:41 PM

This is the thread that I imagined. And yes I said deer...I want to see them all!!!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 03:35 PM

My 190 class Alberta Mule Deer 2006.

A friends 210 class Alberta Mule Deer taken 2006.

A friends 230 class Alberta Mule deer taken 2007.

My 180 class Alberta Mule Deer taken 2007.

My 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2010.

A friends 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2006.

A friend 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2013.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 04:40 PM

awesome bucks stx. cheers

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 04:49 PM

welcome

j

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 04:53 PM

welcome

Here you go!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 05:07 PM

Here's a buddy's deer... it's the one from the story a few pages back that got pushed out by flooding.

a 180s buck 2014

a buck that nets for awards 2014

A 215 grossing deer, typical frame makes cut for awards, takes more to get in as NT.

Here's an all-time typical on the hoof... dang, that deer was symmetrical. Still mad about that one, I'll get over it when the visual of it walking across a sage flat he could've been shot in gets out of my head.

barely deducted out of all-time...

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: drslonghorn

welcome

Here you go!

That is one pretty deer.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 05:13 PM

Thank you sir!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 05:31 PM

i love the "witness protection program" pics STX graces us with...and awesome animals from everyone

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
That there is a brahma bull with deer horns!

I was thinking walrus!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 06:37 PM

Red Stag - Took him in New Zealand a few years ago - scored 551 and was number three in the world for SCI for some years. Sits above our fireplace

[
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 07:25 PM

I actually had this Booner at 131 yards off of a lease road this past year. But I was already tagged out. My buddy hunted him hard but never seen him.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/12/15 07:29 PM

My 190 class Alberta Mule Deer 2006.

A friends 210 class Alberta Mule Deer taken 2006.

A friends 230 class Alberta Mule deer taken 2007.

My 180 class Alberta Mule Deer taken 2007.

My 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2010.

A friends 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2006.

A friend 180 class Trans Pecos Mule Deer taken in 2013.

great animals !

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/13/15 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Bulldog4949
I actually had this Booner at 131 yards off of a lease road this past year. But I was already tagged out. My buddy hunted him hard but never seen him.

Holy cow - I can't imagine seeing that deer and not being able to pull the trigger cause I shot out - very nice buck
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/13/15 02:00 AM

Posted By: Stompy

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/13/15 06:11 PM

Y'all making me feel low,,been hunting for over 40 years and have never seen a book anything. Got some respectable WT, MD, Elk and Antelope but nothing book. Maybe this is the year, going on a high powered MD hunt in Colorado where some books are killed pretty regularly.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/13/15 06:20 PM

What unit?

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 01:55 AM

keep this thread going! need more pics!

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 01:55 AM

Y'all making me feel low,,been hunting for over 40 years and have never seen a book anything. Got some respectable WT, MD, Elk and Antelope but nothing book. Maybe this is the year, going on a high powered MD hunt in Colorado where some books are killed pretty regularly.

keep after it - it only takes one

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 03:37 AM

This. But you gotta go where the big boys are too, and put in lots of time. Best of luck to you, sir. up
Posted By: Tinkle

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 05:28 AM

Stud! Congrats!
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 10:08 AM

This. But you gotta go where the big boys are too, and put in lots of time. Best of luck to you, sir. up

I was lucky enough to get drawn this year in Colorado Unit 137, in the SE part of the state near Kim. Private ranch country... It'll be a 190-class, or bust.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 12:08 PM

I was wondering what you had decided to do.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 08:37 PM

I can't take credit for this beast, but I did help quarter him!

Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 08:39 PM

Official score of 11 2/8
3 2/8" spread
2" of main beams
6" of mass
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 09:40 PM

2006 Sonora, MX. 213" gross, 205" net typical. My buck of several lifetimes...

[img:left][/img]

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 10:32 PM

That's as sweet a Mule Deer as it gets. Big congrats. Thanks for posting it. cheers

And welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 10:37 PM

Thank you sir! Right place, right time with that buck.

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
2006 Sonora, MX. 213" gross, 205" net typical. My buck of several lifetimes...

[img:left][/img]

Man I would like a 200 inch mulie - gone couple of times but no luck - I guess Sonora is the best bet?

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/14/15 10:38 PM

That's a beauty, did you shoot that one Lotto?
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/15/15 04:00 PM

Great thread!
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/15/15 05:24 PM

Cool thread and some very impressive deer. I shot one that missed the all time by 3 inches in 2010. 172 gross, 167 net typical.
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: Who has killed a Booner? - 06/15/15 06:01 PM

my wife... oh wait you said Booner nevermind
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum