Texas Hunting Forum

The Timer - working great

Posted By: 603Country

The Timer - working great - 02/13/15 11:32 PM

since I bought The Timer and a good new battery for the wife's yard feeder, all is well. That thing pays off with energy at precisely the right times. How nice. The morning feed is set for 7 am, and at 6:52 I looked out the window to see two does looking up at the feeder. They got bored and wandered over to a larger group about 75 yards away. Total of about 10 does. At 7, the feeder payed off loudly and a group of the younger does took off at a dead run for the corn. The older does just trotted. Momma is happy, I'm happy, and the deer are happy.

Thanks for the advice on The Timer.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/14/15 12:30 AM

Most reliable I've ever owned. Use a solar panel with them and you never have to do anything but reset the clock.

up
Posted By: 603Country

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/14/15 01:01 AM

I am going to get a solar panel for it.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/15/15 06:11 PM

IT is the best out there and by far the most user friendly
Posted By: therancher

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/15/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Most reliable I've ever owned. Use a solar panel with them and you never have to do anything but reset the clock.

up

Actually, if you keep them long enough youll have to change the AA batts.

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/15/15 07:09 PM

No double AA batteries required. Have my oldest one 8 years now, never changed out the battery yet with the solar panel. AA batteries don't last that long.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/15/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
No double AA batteries required. Have my oldest one 8 years now, never changed out the battery yet with the solar panel. AA batteries don't last that long.

Every one I owned or used on ranches has had "AA" batteries in them. confused2
http://www.the-timer.com/the-timer_manual.pdf

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/15/15 09:44 PM

I see from the link that it will run on those for a year. It also says when hooked up to 12 or 6v it runs off those instead. I guess that's why mine is still running. I'm sure those AA have to be toast by now.
Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/16/15 06:07 PM

The AA batteries are only there for keeping the settings if the main battery is disconnected. I've had several for years and never replaced the AA batteries.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/16/15 07:58 PM

I would replace them periodically so I don't have to worry about them leaking and ruining my timer.
Posted By: PMK

Re: The Timer - working great - 02/16/15 11:54 PM

Yep, I have converted about 7 of my feeders over to The Timer from the HCRs that I have run for ~15+ years. My HCRs have given me fits the past 3 years with the connector becoming unstable/broken, rotary switch defective or just not working. I have been told if I send them back in they will repair them??? Just simpler to spend $65-70 on The Timer and get all push button with 2 additional feeding time options. My oldest The Timer is 4 years old and I think I have replaced the AA batteries once (not running solar panel on that feeder).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum