Texas Hunting Forum

How Long?

Posted By: BenBob

How Long? - 02/10/15 02:44 PM

How long do you allow for someone to collect their stuff and get off of a lease including moving their blinds? We acquired some new property and we are wanting to get our stuff set up, but we have to wait for these jokers to get their stuff off.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 02:46 PM

Are you the new owner? or are you leasing it?

If you bought it and there was no agreement it might be yours now. Should have all been negotiated at the time of purchase/signing of new lease. If nothing was said I guess it just depends if they want it back or not. My guess is they will want to leave it till they get a new place so they don't have to store it.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 02:52 PM

Leasing the land.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 02:54 PM

It depends on the date the lease goes into effect I would think. March is usually the month some leases start and end. Some have other months to start/end I am sure.
Posted By: Buccaneer

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 04:33 PM

Have you asked the Lessor? I would think that the Lessor would be changing the lock combo (or removing the former Lessee's lock).
Posted By: Steven Bates

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 04:44 PM

Our lease is from September to September. I'm getting out this year and the lease manager told me not to rush because I had til september to remove all my stands as well as to turkey/ hog hunt or fish the ponds. I would check the dates of the old lease.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: How Long? - 02/10/15 05:45 PM

My lease runs from July 1st to June 30th. If I was informed by or I informed the LO that I was no longer going to hunt the ranch I would have 30 days to remove my belongings.
IMO… 30 day should be plenty of time to clear out.

Get with the rancher / LO and ask him what date they are expected to remove ALL their belongings.

What date does your lease start?
I would think you should be able to access and setup camp, stands, feeders - ect, on that date.
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: How Long? - 02/11/15 01:53 AM

30 days for me from the time my contract ends, it's clearly stated in the lease contract.
Posted By: MELackey

Re: How Long? - 02/11/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BenBob
How long do you allow for someone to collect their stuff and get off of a lease including moving their blinds? We acquired some new property and we are wanting to get our stuff set up, but we have to wait for these jokers to get their stuff off.

if their stuff is where you want to set yours up, you might get their numbers and call them to see if they are willing to sell at a reasonable price. If they are a long way away and will have to find a place to stack the stuff before next season, they could be willing to let you have it for cheap.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: How Long? - 02/11/15 02:11 PM

We were told on January 20th that we no longer had a lease, and that we had 30 days to remove our stuff from the pasture and another 30 days to remove our stuff from camp. So i would think that it all depends on the land owner.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: How Long? - 02/11/15 02:19 PM

As was said, depends on the contract with the group that is still there. Typically, it is 30 days from notice or termination or 30 days from the stated end date of the contract.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: How Long? - 02/11/15 02:27 PM

We send a certified letter allowing 30 days then we take possession of all said property
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum