Texas Hunting Forum

Cotton seed near El Campo

Posted By: Teamjefe

Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/20/15 10:45 PM

Does anyone know where I can get cotton seed in the El Campo area? Thinking about feeding this for a while this year if possible
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/21/15 12:02 AM

You will have to check with feed stores south/southwest of San Antonio. It can be bought in bags but will be much more expensive. Best buy on it will be by the truckload(semi).
Posted By: 08Aggie

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/21/15 08:54 PM

pm sent
Posted By: cva34

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/23/15 10:38 PM

Its good feed but it does not flow its got a fuzzy coating ..But the Cotton gin would be a place to start.EC and Danevang both have gin ...I grew up there in a cotton patch
Posted By: Jeff Watson

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/30/15 05:13 PM

Not close, but a guy in Sinton has cotton seed for $260 per ton. He advertises on Craigslist

Jeff
Posted By: therancher

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 01/31/15 04:10 AM

http://www.wholecottonseed.com/where-to-buy/texas-cottonseed-suppliers
Posted By: rim shot

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 02/04/15 11:00 PM

How do you feed this?
Posted By: letsgofishin

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 02/06/15 03:24 PM

[quote=therancher]http://www.wholecottonseed.com/where-to-buy/texas-cottonseed-suppliers [/

Years ago there was a mill in Moulton Texas.
My family raised cattle and every year we hauled many loads of cottonseed slabs, meal, seed and hulls to our barns in Sheridan for feeding to the cattle in the winter.

I am not sure it's still there but MG feeds in Weimer has a good selection of feeds and information.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Cotton seed near El Campo - 02/06/15 04:31 PM

We buy in bulk at the gin in Tavener (East Bernard) during season (when they're actively ginning cotton), then park the old cotton trailer in the quonset hut to feed cows thru the year. If not in a hurry, it'd be a lot cheaper dealing directly with the gin.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum