Texas Hunting Forum

Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share.

Posted By: DTack

Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 04:02 PM

This is from last season but wanted to share. One of the sadder times for me as a hunter - the top picture is of the healthy buck. The 2nd was after he had been wounded by a bad shot - not by anyone on my place (in-laws land) by the way. There are some neighboring hunters that are pretty elusive and lease from my in-laws cousin. So I've never had a chance to talk with them and i'm not even sure if they were back hunting there this year. Either way, I had this deer on my camera many times and thought "that's a nice young buck" Apparently they thought it was nice as well - just not young.

You can see in the 2nd pic he has his front shoulder blown out - the 3rd and 4th pic show the result of coyotes. Unfortunately i was never able to be there when he came back to the feeder so I could put him out of his misery cause I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to make it.

Just wanted to share.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 04:09 PM

no good
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
no good
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 04:48 PM

That really sucks bud

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 05:20 PM

I understand it happens - just sucked to see it. Thought it was a cool yet sad set of pictures that I had though.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 06:04 PM

Shot a doe one year and by the time I got my truck and drove down to load her up the coyotes had already started on her hind quarter. Maybe 20 minutes tops and I guess they split when they heard the truck get close. It's whacked the way they will drag one down and feed on it while it's alive and make no effort to kill it and sad part is it's not over they will be back on him.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/14/15 10:00 PM

Yeah that's a crummy way for any animal to go regardless of what it is. It's also the reality of nature.
Posted By: ETXRancher

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/15/15 02:18 AM

Reality of Nature !! Poor shooting Mostly
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/15/15 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXRancher

It sucks for sure! How do you know it was a gun shot?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/15/15 03:07 AM

bang
Posted By: ETXRancher

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/16/15 12:44 AM

I suppose he could have been otherwise injured, but I would NOT bet on it!!. But I WOULD bet against an (act of Nature)

Re: Sad sequence of Pics from last year - just wanted to share. - 01/16/15 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONER
Originally Posted By: ETXRancher

It sucks for sure! How do you know it was a gun shot?

Look at his front shoulder in the 2nd picture - pretty sure that's a bullet hole with blood streaming out. I think I had a better pic of it but I think I deleted that one for some reason. Hard for me to think another type of wound would cause his leg to be limp like that.

In the later pic's its dried up but his leg was still limp.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum