Texas Hunting Forum

How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena

Posted By: txhunter1010

How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 06:40 AM

Talked to a guy that might want to lease his place in Hamilton county.. Area close to the Circe t arena.. I'm not exactly sure in location but in that general area.. I think he said one neighbor was some kinda park or preserve.. Not hunted either way... Just curious on deer in the area.. He said they always see 120-130 inch pretty much each outing and have shot 140 inch deer

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 11:11 AM

Anyone?
Posted By: Western

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 12:00 PM

There are a couple of threads on Hamilton, but probably buried way back.

It really depends on the area in Hamilton Co. some places have allot of deer some don't. Allot of deer around Evant and west of there. There are some great quality bucks that come from Hamilton on a regular basis, but they can be hard to come by.

Best thing you can do is go scout the place out, then factor if you think it's worth the $. I never heard of anything around the circle T, but that doesn't mean anything.

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 12:29 PM

Good deal.. Thanks dennis

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 12:38 PM

BTW, a 130" is possible almost anywhere in the county, even when there are few, there are some real dandys.

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 12:46 PM

Yes I agree.. Right now we are over in izoro pretty much on the coryell lampasas county line.. We've taken a couple one that was 133 and one 126.. Have actually seen bigger.. So yes I agree

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/02/15 12:56 PM

That's pretty good, good area too. I have seen a couple bucks around the northern part of the county that went upwards of 180". One that a friend shot S. of Hico supposedly got into the top non-typical for that year, I want to say it scored 212", but it has been 15 years. It was on display in the Coffee Kup Kafe for some time. Pretty sure it was an escaped from a HF place though. Shot by Randy Wright.
Posted By: lonestar1995

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/03/15 01:43 PM

I hunt south of hico on the leon river. It is my first year and so far it has been pretty slow. But some of the bucks we have on camera are 140" plus

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/03/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: lonestar1995
I hunt south of hico on the leon river. It is my first year and so far it has been pretty slow. But some of the bucks we have on camera are 140" plus

That is good country, not a ton of deer, but some real nice ones. Should have good turkey too. Sheriff used to live there at the bridge iirc.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: How's the hunting in Hamilton county??.. Possible new lease this comin year..close to circle t arena - 01/03/15 02:09 PM

I have seen a buck or 2 down that way that were nice deer
the dove hunting is very good there for sure as well
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum