Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement

Posted By: txhunter1010

Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 07:55 PM

I'm gonna try to head out in morning.. Coryell county to be exact... Anyone else hunti g the ice and rainy stuff? How's the movement so far
Posted By: GLC

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:09 PM

Yep. Hamilton county. Not a lot moving.

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:14 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I should wait till Saturday when it clears off instead of friday
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:29 PM

In the stand in Shackleford cnty , 29 deg, light sleet, very calm (for once).
Posted By: tonyguitarguy

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:46 PM

Currently in the blind in northern Duval county. 39 degrees, light drizzle. Nothing moving but then again haven't seen anything all season. Did see a lot of deer on the road in the fields from 12-2pm.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:49 PM

I sat this morning and deer actually moved great till I got out after 9. I saw 13 does/fawns and 10 bucks. Misty, foggy and breezy with temp at 40 degrees. Best morning hunt I have had in a while.
Posted By: gunnut81

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 08:49 PM

Here in Erath co about 200yds from Hood Co line outside of Lipan just got here freezing rain about 32 degrees no movements usual since Thanksgiving but only 3 days left too bad this didn't happen about a month ago and rot those pesky acorns between the acorns and the rumors about a certain poacher in the area it has gone from awesome in November to slower than ever in December.
Posted By: 22hemi13

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 09:06 PM

Slow. I went out this morning. Only saw a small buck. Too cold I'll wait for the clearing skies and high pressure to come in. Got a nice pic though
Posted By: Reata

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 09:35 PM

In the stand now in Baylor county. Nice and calm but nothing yet.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 09:52 PM

Came out yesterday before the weather came in. Starting to thaw a little and is going to turn into a sloppy mess. Had one good hunt and one slow hunt, nothing moving yet this afternoon. Good luck and be safe.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 10:24 PM

Jack county covered in ice I can hear branches breaking off trees as I sit here. Got in late this afternoon scared deer off every feeder between my stand and the cabin including the one I'm on now. Got on so many clothes Im not sure I can get my bow back but I'm gonna give it a whirl.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 10:48 PM

Wimped out this morning. Got up, looked at the thermometer and then out at the flooded pasture, and went back to bed. Tomorrow, though, I get serious.
Posted By: TTU22

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 11:17 PM

I'm heading out to Grayson county in the morning. Will be a mess getting to the stand but ya can't kill them laying on bed.
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 11:19 PM

headed to mills co. friday and hunt a lot
Posted By: Garza County Hunter

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/01/15 11:34 PM

Stuck in Austin because of weather - was supposed to be hunting all weekend but can't get home to West Tx and couldn't get to lease if I was home due to all the ice!
Posted By: Western

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 12:20 AM

Had 2 come in the food plot at 5pm, eat every kernel of corn at the feeder and where grazing oats when I left. Steady cold drizzle and didn't seem to bother them one bit. 34*
Posted By: Texican

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 12:24 AM

Saw 6 young bucks and 2 doe in Parker Co this evening
Posted By: cos

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 01:50 AM

Young bucks grouping back up. Had 8 in field when it got light this mourning. Only 6 does. This afternoon had 22 does and 6 bucks. Mature bucks still not showing.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 02:20 AM

We hunted up near Brady this weekend. It never got over 23 degrees yesterday and ice everywhere. It kept us stranded at the ranch ranch for another day (it was great). We were done hunting but I went out and set in a blind to watch animals and maybe get a varmint or pig. I only saw one deer, I figured they were hunkered down.

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 02:54 AM

Y'all think tomorrow they will move in the light rain? Suppose to be a tad warmer too..40
Posted By: browland1980

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 03:16 AM

I hunt about 4 mile south of Lipan and went this evening and did not see any movement .

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 07:21 AM

Dad ended up shooting a spike about 5pm. I didnt see anything on my part of the ranch. Dad says he popped out of the brush, went to check out the feeder, started leaving and he popped them. Glad we got some meat in the freezer.

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 07:21 AM

Temp was 39 with very light drizzle.
Posted By: enock

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/02/15 01:28 PM

Went out New Years morning and saw great movement. Most deer I've seen all season, no shooters though. Went that night and nothing. Going to try again Sat morning, suppose to clear up a bit. They are just now starting to hit my corn. It's been a slow season...
Posted By: Texican

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/03/15 05:00 PM

Not much moving this morning....
Posted By: mikey1313

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/03/15 05:07 PM

Got an axis at about 530ish yesterday, had a 3.5 year old 8 and a spike come in this morning and a few doe
Posted By: Bengoin

Re: Anyone hunting in this Icy weather?!.. How's the movement - 01/05/15 09:33 PM

I should have stayed home. instead I froze my but off for nothing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum