Texas Hunting Forum

Cold. Wind howling.

Posted By: billyhunt

Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 11:23 AM

Sooo who all will be in the blind come break o morn?
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:00 PM

I wish I could be!!!
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:08 PM

I'm here. No wind though and 34°.
Posted By: TxsHunter99

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:26 PM

I am out here als... lots of rain, feels like 33 degrees, and I am sitting in a cold metal chair. Beats a warm bed right grin
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:30 PM

No wind here in Shackleford county, but 30 and just had a little sleet come through. In the blind with the mrs. Haven't seen a deer in a month but looks promising! Good luck everyone!
Posted By: Ricochet83

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:30 PM

I'm here live oak county 38 and raining mostly drizzle but harder at times. Should be interesting. Good luck to those in the blind

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 12:41 PM

I live on a hill, so it seems the wind is always howling,lol.Now it is starting to spit rain. About to walk to my blind, good luck to all.
Posted By: Kingpin

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 01:21 PM

In the blind south of Seguin. 37 but wind has died down.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 01:29 PM

It is 40 here in Western Goliad County with strong winds and rain. I decided to corn the "big blind" (house) and hunt it this morning. Deer did not even eat the corn from last night though. frown
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 02:00 PM

Little ways away from you all in clay county ( that's north for all you geographically challenged people like me)
And it was 27 and crusty frozen snow on the ground this am. Wasn't expecting it and I think the deer thought the same thing since we haven't seen anything yet this am. Just turned the little buddy heater on for the kids and in it for a long sit, we'll see what comes once the sun is up
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 02:08 PM

Sitting in young county on the cold metal chair also!!! Wish I brought the heater. West of me is cloudy and to the east is clear blue sky. Very lil wind. If any at all. Haven't seen anything either. Very quite morn. All I hear I a pump jack.
Posted By: Team By-God

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 02:35 PM

No wind brown co, so i decided to sit in an elevated,open air blind. Little cool for the gear im in but wanted a break from box blinds.. at least 2 people have hunted this place since christmas day. One deer and 3 hogs spotted. Pretty slow.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 02:39 PM

hunted last night I did in the howling wind
35 it was out there and goodness the wind chill was brutal
saw a terribly large number of deer though from early afternoon right up to dark

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 03:21 PM

Back at the house. 4 bucks, 3ar, 1 shooter but only a 2.5yr old and a doe. Its raining hard enough here I couldn't see out my windows. But hey, saw some DEER!!
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Cold. Wind howling. - 12/28/14 04:34 PM

7 total. 3 doe, 2 fawn, a 4pt, and a nice young 8.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum