Texas Hunting Forum

Bucks troll after rain....

Posted By: Get'n Jiggy

Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/17/14 10:38 PM

What's your opinion on rain storms...

After a good rain shower scents wash away. nidea it's like hitting the rest button so bucks will be out marking their scrapes and such. Second rut with a rain storm should put those big boys on their feet durring daylight. I hope scratch

I plan to sit till noon tomorrow with this Wind changing in my favor.
Posted By: Weegs

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/17/14 10:59 PM

Jiggy, I can only tell you that we were at the lease on the weekend before Thanksgiving when it was pouring all over central Texas. On Saturday, mid day it rained hard, hard, hard. We saw a couple of frogs going by looking for a raft or something! Anyway, around 3:30 the rain stopped and we swam out to the stands. The woods and fields were alive with animals getting up and moving around. And remember, you will see nothing sitting at home. Good luck and be safe!
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/17/14 11:25 PM

Yes, it poured at our lease the saturday before Thanksgiving. It rained well into the night, and I almost got my truck stuck in several spots heading back to camp after the evening hunt. All the other hunters left that afternoon, so I was the only one out there. I decided it wasn't worth possibly getting stuck trying to get to the stand the next morning since nobody else was there to pull me out. I headed home that night. The next time I got out to the lease I checked my game cams, and I had a nice buck come in the next morning. bang Those are the last photos I have of him, so I don't know if left the area, got shot by the neighbors or is just laying low. But, yes the bucks were moving around more than normal that next morning after the rain broke.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/18/14 12:21 AM

Deer always seem to move well after a rain. Some of the best hunting happens while watching a food plot while it drizzles. Hard rain and they bed down. Be out there when it stops.
Posted By: Txarrow

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/18/14 05:16 AM

Will be good this weekend. I plan to be out all day.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/18/14 05:18 AM

The kid said it,"be out there when it stops."
Posted By: Curly

Re: Bucks troll after rain.... - 12/18/14 05:25 AM

With the doodoo luck I've had this year....I can't comment on when any deer's gonna move at any given time. hammer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum