Texas Hunting Forum

Got busted!

Posted By: Texasbdog

Got busted! - 12/06/14 03:47 PM

I shot a pig pretty early this morning. I kept hunting for about an hour, shot didn't bother the deer at all but the dozen or so pigs scattered, mission accomplished! I decided to leave to tend to the little pig, stepped out of the stand, looked down the sendero toward the back of my stand and there stood a great 8 point shooter. I froze and so did he, he looked at me for a few seconds and something up the road kept his attention, I'm not sure what it was but he took to cover alert but not spooked. Hopefully he will be back, I hadn't seen this bruiser before. Stay tuned, I'm here until Thursday!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Got busted! - 12/06/14 04:45 PM

popcorn
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Got busted! - 12/06/14 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Texasbdog
I shot a pig pretty early this morning. I kept hunting for about an hour, shot didn't bother the deer at all but the dozen or so pigs scattered, mission accomplished! I decided to leave to tend to the little pig, stepped out of the stand, looked down the sendero toward the back of my stand and there stood a great 8 point shooter. I froze and so did he, he looked at me for a few seconds and something up the road kept his attention, I'm not sure what it was but he took to cover alert but not spooked. Hopefully he will be back, I hadn't seen this bruiser before. Stay tuned, I'm here until Thursday!

That had to be cool though !

Re: Got busted! - 12/07/14 11:32 PM

Well he showed back up today, I'm going to let him walk for now, I've seen 4 new big 8's and 3 10's. Things are heating up in South Texas. Patience ,patience!
Posted By: SWtexashunter

Re: Got busted! - 12/07/14 11:39 PM

Where in South Texas?! Im heading down to Uvalde next week, its about time things start to heat up!

Re: Got busted! - 12/08/14 02:59 AM

I'm in Dimmit county, about 50 miles south of Uvalde
Posted By: Hookem79

Re: Got busted! - 12/08/14 03:32 AM

This is great news as I am headed to Big Wells later this week!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum