Texas Hunting Forum

Bucks coming in after Rut

Posted By: ffread

Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 03:16 PM

Have lots of bucks coming out and eating after the rut! Here is a few of the better ones.

Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 03:32 PM

Nice deer but I'm not so sure the rut is over.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 03:44 PM

cheers
Posted By: ffread

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight
Nice deer but I'm not so sure the rut is over.

I am sure there will be a few more hot does come through but most of our bucks are eating together, only thing chasing doe are the small spikes and four points. Last two to three weeks the bigger deer were bedded down with doe everywhere now they aren't paying them much attention at all and coming to feeders 4-5 times a day here!

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 04:07 PM

Interesting Ffread, I'm just north of you up by Murray and have very few deer coming to corn. Corned roads aren't getting touched and just a few does and bucks at the feeders at night. I may be wrong but my thoughts are that it hasn't kicked in hard yet since the bucks I have seen live and on cam are still buffed up and not worn down at all.

Btw, love the width on that buck with the kickers.
Posted By: Western

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 04:17 PM

3rd photo, is some kind of wide!!! up
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 04:24 PM

My favorite time to hunt deer is after the rut and they are coming to food sources

In heavy mesquite/ brush county it can be tough to hunt running bucks unless you have a lot of open areas

Re: Bucks coming in after Rut - 11/23/14 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
My favorite time to hunt deer is after the rut and they are coming to food sources

In heavy mesquite/ brush county it can be tough to hunt running bucks unless you have a lot of open areas

Boy I agree. My place is tight mesquite and pears and I have only a few sendero's to see em chase. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum