Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone out in the rain?

Posted By: Alex K.

Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 12:55 PM

The rain completely changed up my game plan. My usual 12' tripod is not covered so I'm hunting out of an old box blind. While I prefer my usual stand, and I haven't hunted this blind in a couple years, this is the blind I shot some of my first deer from. Its also the blind I learned to hunt from with my dad. Even though this steady drizzle is picking up, this blind brings back some great memories hunting next to my dad at a young age. Sunday will being better weather, but I'm happy right now. Good luck to all those out there this dreary morning.
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:08 PM

Yep watching the lightning show and listening to thunder
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:13 PM

If it's not too bad, I'll go out this afternoon.
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:19 PM

I'm in stand now in Erath County, have seen 2 doe and a nubbing buck so far. It's real overcast but not raining just windy.
Posted By: doublez

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:29 PM

I haven't seen anything yet, but I do have a leak in the roof, and while searching for the leak I found a black widow.
Posted By: therock

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:33 PM

Nope. It's gotta rain first. Sure get tired of the weatherman being so wrong.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:35 PM

Not out today but me and my daughter went yesterday didn't see much so decided to sleep in today
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:39 PM

No rain in young county and haven't seen anything yet
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:40 PM

Raining on and off now. Saw a 4 pt earlier right after rain stopped. Raining pretty good again now. Our wheat and food plots sure need it.
Posted By: Drop 1

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:42 PM

I'm in my tower stand in Hamilton county been rating since the coffee perkd and ain't stopped no deer besides the doe that jumped in front of the ford last night when it lets up I'm sure the bucks will be hoofin
Posted By: Western

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 01:42 PM

I'm not out, but it's a great morning to be in a stand, rain not near as wide spread and heavy as I expected, maybe later today though. I just had 3 does walk beside the garden around the house towards my plot, in the rain, so they are up and moving here.
Posted By: doublez

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 02:05 PM

Rain stopped about fifteen minutes ago and two does just walked out.
Posted By: Mavric

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 02:47 PM

Hunting in Erath cty rain off and on nothing heavy yet...its been quiet other than crazy young 8pt in search mode...he was literally doing a figure 8 with his nose down.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 03:07 PM

Got into the stand this morning and a thunderstorm built up to my NE not very far. Some lightening and thunder but not much for rain. The bucks really did not move very well at all this morning and it was warm, 68 when I got in the stand. Tried to rain from another cloud that built up to the SW of me, but it moved just west of me. Lot of fresh green growth now for the deer.

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 03:52 PM

I am having a light drizzle with a constant push of deer both bucks and does nice wide 8 stepped but he'd be better off next year this weather is doing good for me
Posted By: Payne

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 06:10 PM

Went out yesterday, it was off & on rain/drizzle. They were moving pretty good.

Posted By: JD4030

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: therock
Nope. It's gotta rain first. Sure get tired of the weatherman being so wrong.

Exactly, we didn't go out today based on the forecast of heavy rain, thunderstorms, etc. Turned out to be a perfect morning to be out.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 08:11 PM

I'm sitting in camp watching it rain right now. Not sure on an afternoon hunt yet, it's coming down pretty good. I'm near Crystal Falls, north of Breckenridge.
Posted By: steven h

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 09:18 PM

Making the trip home now. Rain held off until 10:00 or so and the downpour came. 3 of us hunted and took 2 doe, and two cull bucks. Lots of movement before the rain but not the ones we are looking for. Meat in the freezer made it well worth it though
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 10:35 PM

It's been raining pretty hard off and on, a little over 2" so far in NE Eastland county and still raining. I have a rifle next to my back door, that's as close as I'm getting to hunting today.

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 11:18 PM

Catering job went longer than expected. Didn't get in the blind til 4:50. Had a big buck roll through 30 seconds after I sat down. He was running. Couldn't get him to stop long enough to take a shot. Hope he comes back.

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 11:19 PM

Oh, and yea, it's raining pretty good.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/22/14 11:54 PM

I decided to stay dry, so I spent the day reloading.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 12:03 AM

Caught three inches of rain this afternoon. If I could of crossed the river I wouldn't have been able to come back this evening.

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 12:27 AM

I was really worried about getting out. We don't have gravel roads or anything. We just drive across fields. When I got back to my car, it was in a 3" deep puddle. Luckily I took it slow and didn't have any trouble.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 01:05 AM

Out in it all stinkin day long...unfortunately at work all day! whip
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 01:10 AM

Rain? What rain all we have had is drizzle
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 01:10 AM

I had 1.3" or so this afternoon. Deer did not move at all this evening except for a few does right at dark. Rain was great on my oats/winter peas.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 01:21 AM

Not enough rain in Abilene to even call it a rain. The wind will dry it all out over night.

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 04:37 AM

Took a doe for the freezer tonight let her bleed put for 15inutes got to her and the totes done chewed on her bit she's at the house now still in the back of the truck had a great hunt todY sat 11 hrs in the blind the 270 short mag ate another and then the wife says to come home coulda been hunting tomorrow but I figured a happy wife is a happy life
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 06:26 PM

The rain Saturday night shut them down at our place, so yesterday morning they were moving like crazy before the nasty stuff came in around noon. It was a great morning hunt East of Evant up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Anyone out in the rain? - 11/23/14 07:07 PM

Got caught in it yesterday afternoon and to top it off a LIGHTING storm...I am absolutely mortified by Lighting bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum