Texas Hunting Forum

Live from Montague County

Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 12:16 PM

Had a good deal mule deer hunt last weekend on my birthday weekend. Will post pics later on that. But going live from Montague County now. Good luck guys!
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 12:26 PM

Good luck to you as well. I'm on the Jack / Montague border. Should be a great morning!
Posted By: Brian C.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 12:41 PM

Where did you go Mule Deer hunt Outdoorsmen54?

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 12:56 PM

Good buck just passed through before shooting light. Right on a doe's trail.
Posted By: Yildiz

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 01:49 PM

Been in since 5 haven't seen anything......nothing last night either

GL
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 01:52 PM

Out on clay county and haven't seen anything all morning as well. Hoping the weekend get busier!!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 01:57 PM

7 as of right now. 1 legal 8 3 young bucks and 3 does. The mature legal buck was locked on a doe and chasing smaller bucks off. Oh and a horse. Lol Went mule deer hunting in New Mexico
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:03 PM

2 doe this morning. 4 bucks last night. 1 young legal buck following for all around the field. Still no mature bucks... Slow morning
Posted By: LoonMan

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:13 PM

Hunting has slowdown for me since the cold. I have a small food plot, but it might be getting to much wind.
I'm gonna sit where they cross my field headed to the neighbors wheat this evening. I think that's where they have all gone. Weather sure has changed this week. I've not seen the rutting activity I was last week. It might be done over here north of St Jo.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:14 PM

Btw anyone know where I can get plumbing parts for an rv near nocona? My water line connector to faucet cracked w the freeze. bang
Posted By: Western

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter
Btw anyone know where I can get plumbing parts for an rv near nocona? My water line connector to faucet cracked w the freeze. bang

IDK about up there, but there is an RV place on i-35 in Denton on the SB service road between loop 288 and hwy 380 exits.

I drained my Toyhauler the day before the front blew through, but didn't have time to blow out the lines, have my fingers crossed. Have to cycle the genset today, so may take that hour to look it over and put antifreeze in the drains again.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:42 PM

Feeder decided not to go off this morning, so gotta go address that. Had the good buck come through VERY early right on a doe. After that just a few small, young bucks.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 02:49 PM

I'm gonna say Wichita Falls

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Jkd106
I'm gonna say Wichita Falls

Certainly closer

Patterson RV may have what you need?

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: LoonMan
Hunting has slowdown for me since the cold. I have a small food plot, but it might be getting to much wind.
I'm gonna sit where they cross my field headed to the neighbors wheat this evening. I think that's where they have all gone. Weather sure has changed this week. I've not seen the rutting activity I was last week. It might be done over here north of St Jo.

This

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:21 PM

Thanks will be running in to Wichita Falls. I shkuld have known better!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:23 PM

Well, I saw the one I'd shoot at 8:15. He was walking 350yds away just over a hump.
I could see his head and antlers. Walking, didn't look to be chasing a doe trail. I saw him first 2 weeks ago.
I hope I don't gave to wait another 2 to see him again.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:54 PM

What exactly do ya need for the RV.
I might have an extra. I'm near lake Nocona.
Ace hardware in Nocona has a good selection.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 03:57 PM

Good luck.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:04 PM

Think this the one that came through early. He was at the feeder yesterday morning for 20 minutes according to camera.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:17 PM

Oh he77 yeah, nice 8 up

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:20 PM

He's a nice one.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:27 PM

Alex, I'm not seeing jack squat, so If you need me to come keep an eye on that buck for you so he doesn't get away, just let me know. I'd be willing to sacrifice my time for you.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:46 PM

Caribou, I could never bestow that kind of responsibility on you, your too kind. However,if it makes you feel better, I've never seen that buck in person during shooting hours and the past month has been tough. No where close to the amount of deer I was seeing August to October.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex K.
Caribou, I could never bestow that kind of responsibility on you, your too kind. However,if it makes you feel better, I've never seen that buck in person during shooting hours and the past month has been tough. No where close to the amount of deer I was seeing August to October.

Naw, that doesn't make me feel better. I like seeing big bucks on the ground.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 05:15 PM

That dudes got long MB's

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 05:59 PM

I can't figure these deer out for anything. Moving all day tue-thur and nothing since...I mean nothing

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 06:23 PM

Back out in the stand again. Pretty dang breezy, but I like noon hunts.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 06:37 PM

Good luck.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 06:48 PM

Thanks, I'm going to take a doe if the opportunity is there. I need some meat!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 09:07 PM

Fixed the faucet, but then realized the shower hose cracked as well. I decided to leave it for the trip and now sittin on tripod hoping for that big 10-11 to come through. Good luck gents. I saw quite a bit of chasing last night, hope for the same this evening

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 09:35 PM

I feel your pain, if it's not one thing it's another, glad it's not just me. Lol good luck this eve.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter
Fixed the faucet, but then realized the shower hose cracked as well. I decided to leave it for the trip and now sittin on tripod hoping for that big 10-11 to come through. Good luck gents. I saw quite a bit of chasing last night, hope for the same this evening

In the tripod as well, not much activity this morning or from 11-1. Hopefully this evening is better.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:19 PM

Good luck everyone. Back in my blind after a good football outcome for my team. Hoping deer are moving better this evening than they did this am, because we got skunked in the blind and jumped a spike while out walking. Could have shot him but left him for next year. He had a good body just weak spikes, but he was only 1.5 yo. Did drop a coyote while walking.

Hoping Mr 11 pt comes walking out tonight !!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:32 PM

I'm beginning to hullicinate, the small tree 125 yards away looks like buck. Everytime I see it my heart skips a beat. Only a doe and yrling so far.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:34 PM

Been in tree for a hour. Saw some movement from the drive to saint jo from nocona but nothing here so far. I could have limits out on turkey twice. After a 10pter really hope he shows. GL everyone

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:39 PM

Nothing yet here.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:47 PM

Somebody just got something close......dang it

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 10:49 PM

I feel like I am in the midst of a cattle drive bang

So far no deer or any other wild animals, waiting for the "domesticated" ones to move along.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 11:35 PM

Two very young bucks just passed through. Where are all these does I usually see? hammer

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/15/14 11:37 PM

Big hog ruining my hunt. He keeps Running back and forth on a hill to my right can't get a shot

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 02:38 AM

Ended up having three doe come in and squirrel around the cows that were hanging out, and they made it to the feeder after dark set in. Could have gotten a shot when we first saw them, but I was waiting to see if anythjng was chasing, and there wasn't.

There's always tomorrow up

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 12:34 PM

This weather this morning has me feeling good about today!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 12:35 PM

Back at it. Drizzle to brief showers not to heavy. I rather enjoy hunting in these conditions. Good luck to all
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 12:42 PM

Good luck!!!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 01:37 PM

I'm killing it on candy crush! Okay report so far 3 doe and a 4pt cruising through . A whole of shots north, duck hunting I hope
Posted By: Hoosier Texan

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 02:01 PM

Apparently everyone is shooting deer this morning but me. Shots all over the place but I'm not seeing crap again! I even have the entire area around me smelling like a deer whore house.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 02:20 PM

It's still early yet!!!

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 02:24 PM

Slow so far this morning. Beautiful morning tho for hunting.

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 02:46 PM

Nothing where I am in clay county, heard someone duck hunting ( I hope) this am but no rifle shots so far. I must have southlake deer because they don't come out in this weather confused2

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/16/14 06:10 PM

I came home last night might come back tonight for possible snow.
I sat under a tree last night. Four does walked up to about 10 feet of me.
Just kinda looked at me and kept walking. I heard pigs for last 40 or so minutes of hunt. Decided to walk over and find them last ten minutes of light. Walked into large sounder of 30+. Shot one at 15 yds.
FUN.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/17/14 02:44 PM

Saw nothing but a bobcat

Re: Live from Montague County - 11/17/14 03:03 PM

Ended having to go home after the morning hunt. Saw a lot of activity, does finally feeding under feeder. Smaller bucks cruising but not stopping. Decided to take a doe, need to fill the freezer.

Hopefully this next weekend rocks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum