Texas Hunting Forum

Is there deer in Godley Tx

Posted By: BadLander

Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 12:14 AM

Unbelievable!our dove lease in Godley produced this sucker for my buddy this eve! Running a doe in our cut milo field!
Posted By: Western

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 12:16 AM

Damn fine buck too!! Used to be allot of deer between Godley and Burleson.
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 12:48 AM

great buck congrats to your buddy
Posted By: Roach Painting Co.

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 01:03 AM

Nice buck! I've seen deer in that area but not like that one.
Posted By: DesertDog

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 01:04 AM

Great looking buck. My in-laws live close to there off 1187 and used to own a ton of land out south of Benbrook Lake. There are some very nice bucks out that way with excellent genetics. I killed a really nice 8 out there in 2003.
Posted By: Conchoman76

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 01:21 AM

Heck of a deer!

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 01:32 AM

The rut is on in North Texas! Nice Buck!!!!
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 02:34 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: 10 point

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 02:47 AM

Beautiful buck get him mounted!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 02:50 AM

Interesting I dove in hunt around Godley as well. I have heard talk of dang nice deer around there but thought it may have been here say. Great deer.

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight
Interesting I dove in hunt around Godley as well. I have heard talk of dang nice deer around there but thought it may have been here say. Great deer.

Oh No Sir, there where good deer in that country since the 80's, just not a "ton". I once was speaking with the GW in Granbury, he believed there would be a record WT come out between Granbury and Benbrook to Godly triangle.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Western

Oh No Sir, there where good deer in that country since the 80's, just not a "ton". I once was speaking with the GW in Granbury, he believed there would be a record WT come out between Granbury and Benbrook to Godly triangle.

Now granted the guy I dove hunt with has a high fence place that is small but he says there are free range 180 inch deer in the area you speak of. Maybe he's right
Posted By: DanPhifer

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 03:08 AM

Nice deer anywhere.

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/13/14 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Western

Now granted the guy I dove hunt with has a high fence place that is small but he says there are free range 180 inch deer in the area you speak of. Maybe he's right

I don't doubt that one bit! The Bass family owns a good piece of land in there (big time world wide hunters) Have heard they have 160" all day long, free range deer. I don't think they hunt that place much.
Posted By: Tuoms

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/14/14 07:53 PM

I live on 1187 in Mustang Creek right across from the Bass Family land, have seen a few decent bucks off 1187. Might start gettin up in the AM with the binos and see what I see at the bass land.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/14/14 08:03 PM

I hunted a 112 acre tract in Godley for years and took several solid bucks off of it. The biggest being a 140" 10 pt. What are the chances this buck came from an area near Nolan Creek? Very good would be my guess.
Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/14/14 08:27 PM

You would be surprised what out there and near by more cluttered cities like Burleson Joshua Cleburne. I've killed deer and seen some big deer all around the area.

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/14/14 11:22 PM

I would love to find a small lease on the south side of Benbrook. Nice and close to me.

Re: Is there deer in Godley Tx - 11/14/14 11:23 PM

Do you have any other pictures of this deer? He is a Bruiser!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum