Texas Hunting Forum

Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:28 AM

Thi is the second time I have seen it. First was several days ago at about 150 yards right at dark. Could only see his body. At first I thought it was a cow. His body was that big. Could make out his horns.

Fast forward to this evening. Saw him in the same spot. He was with aa doe and was locked onto her, not chasing just staying right with her. At 150 yards, and Im bow hunting... I was just about to try and sneak closer when the doe crossed the creek and came right towards the feeder which is 35 yards from me. He followed right behind her! I couldn't believe it. This is the biggest buck Ive ever seen in person. Had to be a 23-24" spread, tines well over a foot tall, just MASSIVE. My heart was in my throat. I didn't know there were bucks like this in east TX. And he was heading straight for me.

The doe he was following was leading him right in. He was still at 50 yards when she reached the feeder and he was heading in fast. I was ready to sling an arrow. That's when the feeder went off and they both bolted. I could have been sick. My heart dropped to my stomach. I prayed they would come back but it didn't happen. Saw other deer but not them.

I still cant believe the sie of this buck. It was like something you see taken in the northern states. His body was the sie of two normal deer. Perfectly matched typical rack, perfectly proportioned, crazy tall and crazy wide. If only Id had a rifle. Bow hunting sucks sometimes.

I just hope he comes back sometime.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:29 AM

worthless
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:30 AM

worthless

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:33 AM

Yeah, I hear you. Wish I had a picture of him.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Nathan at Fork
Yeah, I hear you. Wish I had a picture of him.

Draw us a picture. clap
Posted By: spro

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:35 AM

Waiting for the 'and then I woke up' part.
Posted By: Curly

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:41 AM

East Texas??

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 01:54 AM

Yes, Rains county, East Texas.

I will be taking a camera with me from now on. If by chance he comes back out, Ill at least get a picture.
Posted By: rytheguy84

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 02:11 AM

Same thing happened to me in burnet county, doe was in the feeder pen and the buck stood in the brush the whole time watching her, I sat there looking threw the scope for about 15 mins until it was to dark to see him and havent seen them since. Only seen a 6 and 8 point the past few days and seems all the doe walked of the face of the earth.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 03:27 AM

Hang in there and maybe you will get another chance.
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 03:54 AM

Do you not have a game camera at your feeder?
Posted By: sunsetroosters

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 04:01 AM

This post gives me hope.... This is just proof that their always could be that illusive monster that you had no idea your property could produce.... I have hunted years in search of this deer and hae only caught some like that on camera twice....gets my blood pumping. Stay positive brother
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 04:21 AM

Well...now you know he is there, the question is, "what are you going to do about?"

Awesome experience!!! Some of my greatest hunts and most memorable have ended the same way. Good luck up
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 12:05 PM

Just hunt mor! If that doe is a regular at that feeder, that's where I'd be for the next week.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 02:06 PM

Put out the TC where you saw him. up
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan at Fork

I will be taking a camera with me from now on. If by chance he comes back out, Ill at least get a picture.

Sounds like you need to take a rifle too!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 02:17 PM

I would be on that stand as much as possible. I would quit my job if I had to. GO GET THAT BUCK!!
Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 02:28 PM

Ive seen what I consider huge deer from NE Texas this year. Hopkins, Morris, and a 173 non typical from Alba. Taxidermy man had trouble scoring the Alba buck due to palmation. All these bucks had much bigger than average bodies.
Hoping to get something Saturday.
Posted By: Troutfisch

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Put out the TC where you saw him. up

Agreed, sound like that buck needs the "Age/Score" topic treatment!
Posted By: Western

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 04:39 PM

Sounds like that buck moved in and set up FOB, now it's your turn and maybe your paths will cross again. Wish you luck, sounds like a true stud, but he wont be "dumb" very long.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/12/14 06:18 PM

Hopefully you will kill him and post pictures .. good luck
Posted By: AD1717

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/13/14 04:26 AM

Hope you have plenty of time to hunt him! I don't think I could focus on anything else. If hes hot on that doe, he'll be back. Good Luck! Ill be waiting for the "BUCK DOWN!" post!
Posted By: HillTxJsa

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/13/14 01:57 PM

Or Hell Pull Out A Rifle And Shoot Him!
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen this evening - 11/13/14 01:58 PM

good luck sir, i wanna see it!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum