Texas Hunting Forum

Solunar tables

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Solunar tables - 11/11/14 10:36 PM

OK guys, I am beginning to believe in these things, and I say that with some anecdotal evidence. I am not trying to say the solunar tables will perfectly predict the feeding times of deer, certainly things like weather will affect deer and with the wind the last couple days the deer that frequent my place have been hunkered down and just have not shown up. However, today my covert sent me pics of a couple doe at my feeder at 4:15. Unfortunately I had turkey come in at 10:30 (they have been like clockwork since the last time I was out at the lease and if they continue I will add a second feeding time for the deer prior to the evening spin, and I will shoot some turkey too) and there was little corn/soy left for the doe so they left within a few minutes, but they were there long enough for a shot, easily a good 5 minutes.

Guess when the peak feed times are today? You might have guessed 4:30 with the major time range of 3-6 and peaking at 4:30.

During Bow season I jumped some doe coming to the feeder at 3pm, and wouldn't you know it the peak time for that day was at 3 pm...I am not trying to say the only time I see deer action is during the peak times, don't get me wrong.

My question for someone like Redsnake who developed iSolunar, why do you have the 4 star days on full moon and no moon days when I have seen much better activity simply when the peak times center around sunrise and sunset?

Has anyone else noticed any trends for these tables?
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Solunar tables - 11/12/14 12:15 AM

Not sure bout all that but,

I do schedule my vacation around the prime time days up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum