Texas Hunting Forum

Jack County

Posted By: txbb14

Jack County - 11/05/14 09:17 PM

Just checking to see if anyone has seen some good deer movement. Headed out to the ranch on Saturday to see if the rut is kicking. Will post some photos if any success.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Jack County - 11/05/14 09:26 PM

Hunt in Clay county, and this past weekedn I had a 15 inch wide 9 pt making scrapes and smelling trees like it was no ones business, until my son shot him. He came in by himself, a spike came in by himself, and had a young buck under the feeder by himself. My brother in law saw three bucks all by themselves. That evening we saw a small pack of doe with no followers.

I think the rut has a little way to go yet in that neck of the woods. The bucks are out there making their rounds, but the doe aren't making theirs yet.

Will be out this sunday AM and will update as I see anything happening.
Posted By: firemack

Re: Jack County - 11/05/14 09:42 PM

I hunted opening weekend out in Jack and we had a spike and several smaller deer chasing but I don't think it has hit yet. Best of luck to you!
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Jack County - 11/06/14 01:26 AM

Always hits around thanksgiving. They're just eating acorns right now.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Jack County - 11/06/14 01:39 AM

It's always around Thanksgiving
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Jack County - 11/06/14 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: procraft05
It's always around Thanksgiving

Same with us.
Posted By: txbb14

Re: Jack County - 11/06/14 02:56 PM

Thanks for the help guys. The weather shouuld be fantastic on Saturday. Hopefully, if I don't see a mature buck I could atleast lay a pig on the ground. up
Posted By: txcornhusker

Re: Jack County - 11/06/14 07:00 PM

Small bucks are chasing now so in a week or two the seek/chase phase should really be kicking in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum