Texas Hunting Forum

For sure CULL and another ???????

Posted By: spg

For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 12:21 PM

Posted By: spg

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 12:25 PM

I pretty sure I let the bigger deer walk last year, he was a 12 point. Looked like he was 3.5YO last year. Hoping he'll be in the high 150's low 160's next year. His buddy probably aint gonna make it to next year.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 12:32 PM

nice. One heck of a spike / sticker right there.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 01:34 PM

that big one is a stud no doubt...I'll let others weigh in on the spike, do you happen to have any pics from previous years or any more from this year? that looks a little extreme to be genetic IMO.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 01:44 PM

I always judge by the good side never the bad side. Chances are higher that it's an injury then genetic.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 01:54 PM

Looks like an injury to me...

That other buck has a heck of a set of antlers up
Posted By: jmh004

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 02:37 PM

I bet its an injury as well
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: For sure CULL and another ??????? - 11/04/14 02:50 PM

My guess would be he pulled that complete antler out his skull last year in the rut. I have seen bucks do that and grow just a spike like that. It is not genetic like others have said. He has one good antler side with a typical 5 showing. If it were me I would not be worried about him since he is passing on 10 point genetics. Bad thing is if he is a fighter he will break the spike side off again.
The other buck is a toad. He looks to be 5 in those pics but could be 4 with better daytime pics.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum