Texas Hunting Forum

I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is?

Posted By: Captain Luke

I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 05:39 PM

Posted By: Number 1 Barnie

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:16 PM

6...... months
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:20 PM

4.5+ where about is this?
Posted By: ancuegar

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:29 PM

im saying 4.5. body too big to be 3.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:30 PM

Older than his rack suggests
Posted By: davvy

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:33 PM

Definitely a cull buck in my opinion. Very small rack on a 4.5+ deer

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:38 PM

This is in east-central Duval County in South Texas. We only have 96 acres and this is one of the few bucks. Nothing really big this year.
Posted By: Antler Addicts

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 06:55 PM

That is a great deer to remove even if he is 3.5
Posted By: Seadog

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 07:19 PM

Posted By: Branden

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 07:22 PM

looks 4.5yo with a 2.5yo rack
Posted By: RDNCK

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 07:25 PM

I'll say 4.5 y/o

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 07:27 PM

What if we don't have a lot of bucks? We saw 5 doe at one stand and no bucks. We are afraid that if we kill bucks like this one, then we'll have even fewer breeders. I agree that this buck is highly undesirable, and in a larger property would be a cull, but it's hard to pull the trigger when we don't see a lot of bucks.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
What if we don't have a lot of bucks? We saw 5 doe at one stand and no bucks. We are afraid that if we kill bucks like this one, then we'll have even fewer breeders. I agree that this buck is highly undesirable, and in a larger property would be a cull, but it's hard to pull the trigger when we don't see a lot of bucks.
If you have does, the bucks will come. But if you want to pass, pass-it doesn't cost you anything.

What do you know about your neighbors?
Posted By: Branden

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
He maybe one bad dude in holding his ground but another will take his place.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 08:58 PM

That's a win win deer to me you get to shoot him and you can do it because you like him or because he is a cull or whatever you want. Your does will get bread without him.

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 09:40 PM

Here are some of the other bucks from the past couple of years. We haven't shot any of them because they seem to never come out in the day.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/03/14 11:32 PM

4 yr old. Shoot him you like him. cheers

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/05/14 03:04 AM

I like venison.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/05/14 04:07 AM

Who gets tired of looking at deer? Not me
Posted By: txshntr

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/05/14 05:56 AM

4.5. You aren't going to do any damage by taking him or leaving him. Your doe will get covered whether he is there or not. If you like him, take him. Good luck up
Posted By: Seadog

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/05/14 09:32 AM

I never get tired of looking at deer pics!!!

Re: I know you guys are tired of this, but how old do you think he is? - 11/06/14 09:32 PM

I haven't seen him yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum