Texas Hunting Forum

deer camp menu

Posted By: bigbob_ftw

deer camp menu - 10/31/14 12:25 AM

Got some venison, bratwurst and Italian sausage for the grill saturday night. What have you got?
Posted By: CTR

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 12:29 AM

Made a pot of stew tonite, will be eating on it all weekend.
Posted By: angler management

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 12:47 AM

My moms chili. 2 gallons worth and its always the first thing we run out of.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 12:59 AM

Prolly have beans and cornbread Sat night, fresh grilled backstrap Sunday. grin
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 01:00 AM

I'll be out there by myself. And we don't have a house. So I'll probably just have cold stuff. Just make a couple sandwiches and chips and all. I'll just be out there for the day though. So no biggie.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 01:02 AM

Wild turkey quesadillas, Pheasant fajitas, and smoked wild hog bbq sandwiches!
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 01:12 AM

Ribeye, potatoes, mushrooms, jalapeņos. YUMMY!!!!
Posted By: JCB

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 01:20 AM

Saturday night will probably be Venison summer sausage smoked on the grill for appetizer and probably hamburgers for main course.
Posted By: 30378

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 01:39 AM

Without a microwave I would be in trouble. Nothing special.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:02 AM

Smoking a pork shoulder right now. Also have a bunch of salad, jalapeņo cheddar sausage, some soup, chili, yogurt, chicken, etc.. Will be out 5 days with a few friends, eats won't be a problem but we may have to run to town for ice and beer!
Posted By: D Red Raider

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 04:10 AM

Friday night: steaks and baked potatoes and peach cobbler in my very old dutch oven.
Saturday night: blackstrap, venison bratwurst and Bushs baked beans. Maybe another peach cobbler
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 04:41 AM

Wild hog barbecue on Saturday , chicken fried backstrap on Sunday. Think there will be some Elk and blackbuck jalapeņo sausage for snackage.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 05:02 AM

Chicken breasts in a chardonnay, lemon-butter wine sauce with roasted brussel sprouts, steak tartar, a nice Cognac with Creme' broullee for desert. That's for Friday night. I'm thinkin' honey-pecan crusted pork tenderloin with a vinaigrette dressing on Saturday...Just trying to keep it simple.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 05:10 AM

Well we are not headed out to the place until week of thanksgiving. But sirloin and loaded baked potatoes will be on the menu for sure. For lunch we will probably have slow cooked pinto beans with hamhocks and fresh cornbread buttered up so much its almost wet! Breakfast always seems to suffer during deer season even though its my favorite meal.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 06:43 AM

Smoked an 9 lb pork shoulder. Throw it on the smoker to warm it up and eat well Sat night.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 09:06 AM

Smoked back strap skillet potatoes green beans and the wife's Nanna puddn!! The Nanna Puddn will be gone the first night and there's more than enough to last the weekend.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Chicken breasts in a chardonnay, lemon-butter wine sauce with roasted brussel sprouts, steak tartar, a nice Cognac with Creme' broullee for desert. That's for Friday night. I'm thinkin' honey-pecan crusted pork tenderloin with a vinaigrette dressing on Saturday...Just trying to keep it simple.

He77, I just want to come to your camp just for the meal!!! grin
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 11:20 AM

Frito Pie tonight baby!!!
Posted By: doogie

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 11:30 AM

Will you take your man purse to the ranch or leave it at home wink. Just kidding, your menu does sound fancy
Posted By: jseago

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:39 PM

Smoked brisket sandwiches tonight, Smoked Chicken Quarters tomorrow night, Deer and gravy Sunday after church?!
Posted By: TooLow

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:43 PM

We always have some real nice big steaks with baked tators and maybe corn on cob. Been that way for years.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:48 PM

Something I read on here recently has me thinking deer tongue soup might be tasty.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:50 PM

My boy has been practicing his breakfast skills. Eggs, Sausage from Gonzales meat market, patatoes and sliced tomato. My girl made peanut butter cookies and muffins. I'm going to cook some rabbit and bacon wrapped doves dipped in blackberry jam and grilled. Dad is onhis way down so he can make beer can chicken for when we get there tonight. food
Posted By: TooLow

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
Something I read on here recently has me thinking deer tongue soup might be tasty.

barf
Posted By: Dave B

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 02:58 PM

Ribeyes, baked taters and Bush's baked beans. Oh! Cold beer.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TooLow

barf

Something makes me glad that after reading the replies on that thread, I decided NOT to read that article!!!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:03 PM

Probablly Whataburger or Bill Millers on the way down. The good eats will begin with breakfast in the morning and hopefully by the end of the weekend I can still button my pants.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:06 PM

Breakfast after the morning hunt is the big deal for us. Scrambled eggs with pork sausage, fresh made belgian waffels, and hot coffee.
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:29 PM

Marinated beef fajitas from Aguilar's Meat Market in Edinburg, barbequed over oak wood with fresh flour tortillas,and my father-in-law's homemade chile. Of course a lot of beer and Marlboros.
Posted By: RussellWayne

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:43 PM

Fried Backstrap tonight and sketti w/ monkey bread sat night
Posted By: DesertDog

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Seadog

He77, I just want to come to your camp just for the meal!!! grin

Erathkid, you better hope I cant hear the dinner bell from my place down the road. food
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 10:18 PM

I am talking tamales, ribs, brats, Italian sausage for three dinners, soup and bologna for lunches, I will be by myself so not planning much for breakfast, coffee and granola bars.
Posted By: slimpickens

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 10:30 PM

food roflmao

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 10:38 PM

Tonight grilled hot links with BBQ sauce since I'm by myself and tomorrow night Black buck steaks, deer backstrap, baked sweet tators and what ever else shows up. Oh little whiskey also.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 11:22 PM

We always had Ribeyes.food You can't buy a steak anywhere like I cook one. Then mixed potatoes cut up small, diced onion, lots of butter, and diced jalapenos in a big baking pan covered with foil put on the pit food. Also had red beans with jalapenos and bacon. Lots of beer and a great poker game. I miss those days on the Lambshead.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: deer camp menu - 10/31/14 11:35 PM

Short weekend for me, so venison carne guisada for supper and potato/bacon/egg & cheese tacos for brunch most likely. I have a feeling I may not get to the carne G though because I'm sure the other guys are going to have plenty of fajitas, ribs, & sausage. Will play it by ear this weekend.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 12:04 AM

had some great BBQ but forgot the key to the trailer. bang

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw

That's sucks. I thought I did the same thing and pulled over and truck apart and found them. Thank god that would had been a long night 3.50 hrs back to house.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw

I'd have broken in and fixed the door next trip.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 05:40 AM

Snacks in the morning and lunch in town.
Posted By: mow

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 05:37 PM

I know this guy..Justin and his dad can put away vitles..keep us updated,good luck Justin,and larry
Posted By: ssgp2

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 08:15 PM

Eating at Mike and Eds Smokehouse as we do every year at the HunterFeed. food
Posted By: MuddyWater

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 09:06 PM

Tonight is BBQ crabs, fried shrimp, and boiled shrimp with potatoes and corn.
Posted By: hogreaper

Re: deer camp menu - 11/01/14 10:48 PM

Only the best meat market in the valley! That's were we get our meats for the lease fajitas, jalapeņo cheese sausage and chicken
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum