Texas Hunting Forum

who's hunting Karnes County?

Posted By: basspromaster

who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 05:37 AM

This will be my first season in the area as I lucked out and found a place to live and hunt while working my new job. Any info on the deer around these parts will be greatly appreciated
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 10:44 AM

AR's have greatly improved the buck to doe ratio. Like anywhere it depends on the neighbors around the place and how the place you have was hunted in the past. Pockets in the county have a lot of deer while other areas have smaller populations.
Posted By: KCH

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 03:04 PM

Some beasts down that way...got a buddy with a family ranch around Gillette. Some really nice deer but not huge numbers, hunt hard and hunt long! Good luck!!!
Posted By: Threelranch

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 03:13 PM

Used to be really good back in the 80's but in the last 15 years there have been just way to many hunter in that area and has got to be not so great and thats why i sold my ranch there .

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Threelranch
Used to be really good back in the 80's but in the last 15 years there have been just way to many hunter in that area and has got to be not so great and thats why i sold my ranch there .

I hope you kept all the minerals crazy
Posted By: BIG TIME

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/29/14 08:47 PM

I hunt south karnes north goliad county and I have to say that where I am at the bucks are getting bigger and older my neighbors must think the same as me looks to bee good season

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/30/14 01:26 AM

I hope so I'm really anxious I won't see anything till Monday evening I'm like a kid on Christmas.

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/31/14 02:21 AM

Bump
Posted By: nochance4win

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/31/14 02:21 AM

I hunt bee county. Looking forward to getting down there soon.

Re: who's hunting Karnes County? - 10/31/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: nochance4win
I hunt bee county. Looking forward to getting down there soon.

It is very dry and has been for most of the summer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum