Texas Hunting Forum

Old Timers (still throwin corn)

Posted By: Kopfjager Industries

Old Timers (still throwin corn) - 10/28/14 11:14 PM

Who has a timer still throwin corn older than a '94 model? This spin cast has been doing the job faithfully for a long time now!

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Old Timers (still throwin corn) - 10/28/14 11:16 PM

There is a 1980's or early 1990's Texas Hunter 7 gallon bucket feeder on my place that throws corn at daylight then 9-10 hours later. I have not put a battery in it in 2 yrs but probably still works if I did. It was a friend of my Dad's.
Posted By: Kopfjager Industries

Re: Old Timers (still throwin corn) - 10/28/14 11:24 PM

Dang..... I thought this one was old. Luckily it still has original instructions rolled up in it or I would have no idea how to program it. Amazing how far we've come.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Old Timers (still throwin corn) - 10/28/14 11:35 PM

I managed a ranch that had 34 (+2 spares) of those Spin Cast control units that were made from late 80's to that model you have there. You always had to remember to turn the dang things off so they would work IIRC. When I would run the thru the ranch to adjust feeding times I would always have one that was not throwing corn after I left hammer I can only remember having to take back a couple for repairs in 7 yrs. They were very reliable. Clocks would fade out in the heat IIRC was the only issue and maybe one board went bad.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum